Chapter 40 - Visiting an old rival

Mario leaves the cabin and leads them to where Bowser and Meggy are at. The boys follow Mario while running and try not to slip and fall. Smg3 notices the airships then sees Bowser, Meggy and his pupper. Smg4 is trying not to remember too much about his PTSD as he remembers Smg3's speech earlier instead with a small smile.

Bowser: There they are! Hop in! I got chicken nuggets for everyone!

Mario hears it and runs to the airship.

Mario: Thanks Bowser! Mario is starving!

Meggy shakes her head while chuckling and walks to the ship.

Meggy: Thanks for giving us a ride Bowser!

Bowser nods at Meggy as the rest of everyone hops into the airship then the door closes and ready to lift off. Bowser notices Smg3's new look.

Bowser: Smg3? Is that you?

Smg3: Yeah it's me why?

Bowser: Why do you look like Waluigi?-

Smg3: I DON'T LOOK LIKE HIM! IT'S MY REDESIGN DUMBASS!

Bowser: Ooooo well anyway, follow me guys, I'll show you the kitchen!

Smg3 mumbles to himself angrily while Smg4 tries not to laugh about it as everyone follows Bowser to the kitchen. Mario follows him excitedly because he mentioned chicken nuggets earlier. Meggy looks really worried while looking at Bowser.

Meggy: Who told you about this and do you know if the others are safe?

Bowser: It was the blue-haired girl who told me about it. I forgot her name-

Smg4: Oh it's Tari that told you! What happened to them?

Bowser: All I know is that your friends are trapped inside the black goo and that monster is taking over the Showgrounds-

Smg4's eyes widened as he looked so scared and traumatized. Smg3 hugs him tightly.

Smg3: Can you guys please stop saying "black goo"? You're traumatizing my boyfr- I mean MY NEW FRIEND here!

Mario: Yeah! Smg3 has become a lot less grumpy! He has become our best friend!

Meggy: If Tari told you, does that mean she managed to escape?! Is she safe!?

Smg3: Yeah yeah I'm not a villain anymore and I become friends with those idiots.

Bowser: Wow everyone changes all of sudden! I don't know if Tari is safe but maybe try to contact her?

Bowser serves everyone chicken nuggets as Smg4 enjoys the hug from his "new friend" and calms down while feeling safe with Smg3's embrace. Mario starts to eat the chicken nuggets as fast as he can.

Mario: Mario is so happy! Thanks Bowser! Mario was so hungry!

Meggy starts to pace around nervously while texting Tari.

Meggy: Tari, Bowser told us what's going on, he's giving us a ride back to the Showgrounds. Where are you? Are you safe? Are others safe?

After Meggy sent the text, Tari replies right away.

Tari: Meggy, be more careful when you arrive, the monster is expected you guys so whatever you do, don't let your guard down! I'm at the log cabin safe and sound. The others I'm not quite sure but I think we got separated. How's everyone?

Meggy: Oh thank goodness you're ok! We're all ok! I let the others know what you told me. We will save the others. Stay safe Tari!

Bowser smiles happily that someone else enjoys chicken nuggets like him. He notices that Smg3 and Smg4's redesign are quite "unique and gay" because of the roses. He faces Smg3 with confusion.