Chapter 28 - Chilling with the homies~

They continue to walk further away from the beach when suddenly the weather seems to change to chill and breezy. Mario shakes as he's getting cold.

Mario: So c-c-cold!

Smg4: It's freezing h-here!

Smg3 notices that they entered a snowy land full of igloos and an ice castle in front of them. Meggy starts to shiver and starts to rub her arms trying to keep herself warm.

Meggy: I did n-not expect i-it to suddenly be freezing!

Smg3: Me either but this seems familiar all of sudden...

Smg3 tries to remember the same scenario a long time ago as he sees Smg4 shiver a lot. Smg3 holds his hand and uses his meme power to warm each other up. Smg4 notices the heat from both of them and blushes.

Smg4: Thanks hun!

Smg4 squeezes his hand tightly while smiling.

Mario: HEY! NO LOVE FOR MARIO AND MEGGY??

Meggy: Y-yeah we should r-really find shelter soon.-

Smg4: Maybe we can enter the castle and ask for a shelter to stay?

Smg3: We could do that, that would be nICE of you!

Smg3 holds his laughter from his terrible pun as Smg4 looks at him with 'really?' look.

Mario: Let's go inside! M-Mario is freezing to d-death!

Meggy: That sound g-great!

Meggy follows them to the castle doing her best to keep herself warm. Everyone enters the ice castle. It was full of ice sculptures and paintings everywhere like a museum. In front of them, there's an ice slide.

Mario: Oooo a slide! Can we go? Please! Please!!

Smg3: Should we look for somebody before we do something illegal?

Meggy: We should find out if somebody is here first Mario.-

Mario: The castle is empty! Come on! PLEASE MAMA! PAPA! MEGGY!!

Smg4: Mario we can't just enter and use someone's slide-

Mario: TOO BAD WE'RE GOING!

Mario pushes everyone into the slide as they slide down very fast.

Smg3: MARIO YOU ASSHOLE AAAAA!!

Meggy: AAAAA MARIO!!

She tries to slow herself down but the slide is too slippery and is not able to slow down.

Mario: WEEEEEEEEE THIS IS FUN!

The slide was super fast since it was made of ice as everyone tried to stop themselves but couldn't.

Smg4: AAAAA GOD DAMNIT MARIO THIS ISN'T FUN!

Smg3: Uh oh this is bad!

Smg3 sees two split dark holes as the gang are losing control then falls down in the hole while screaming.

Meggy: MARIO!! THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS!!

Everyone lands in the dark holes as it seems they split up by ice blocks. Someone lands it next to Meggy as he groans from the fall. Meggy pulls out her phone while turning on the light to try to see where they're going and what they are about to land on. She hears someone fall next to her and point her light at him to see who it is.

Meggy: Who's there? Is everyone ok?

Smg4 gets up to sit down and winces his eyes over Meggy's light.

Smg4: It's me Smg4!

He notices it's very dark as he starts to tense up a lot. She puts her hand on his shoulder.

Meggy: Hey Smg4, don't worry we'll be fine! Let's find out where we are and where the others are.

Meggy points her light around the dark room as she tries to see where they are. Smg4 smiles weakly then gets up slowly.

Smg4: Why is always the spooky stuff with me? I can't handle this!

He starts to freak out when he realizes there's no sign of Smg3 and Mario. Meggy puts both of her hands back on his shoulders.

Meggy: Hey, don't worry! We will find them and don't be scared. I know the dark can be scary but you're safe with me and I have a light so we can see. I'm sure they will be fine! I had helped Tari and Luigi not that long ago with their fears. One thing that seemed to help them was to think about the ones they want to protect. So, if you get scared just remember the ones you want to protect and be brave for them! But first, let's figure out where we are.

Smg4 listens carefully as he tries to calm down.

Smg4: I hope they're okay, especially Smg3...

He tries not to cry as he stays close to Meggy.

Smg4: L-lead the way!-

Meggy gives him a reassuring smile.

Meggy: I know they will be fine!

She looks around with her light then finds a path and starts to walk slowly down there. Smg4 follows her by her side while holding her arm tightly. He shakes a bit of fear as he thinks of something to calm him down. Meggy keeps walking down, looking for any sign of Smg3 and Mario.

Meggy: SMG3! MARIO! CAN YOU HEAR US?!

Smg4 starts humming a song quietly while holding on to Meggy. As soon as she said Smg3, he shook a little bit more. She looks over at Smg4 and notices he's shaking more.

Meggy: Smg4 it's going to be ok!

Meggy remembers that they can use their meme guardian power to communicate with each other.

Meggy: Hey can't you use your meme guardian power to communicate with him or tell if he's ok?

Smg4: Oh right! I totally forgot about that!

He chuckles as he starts using his meme power to communicate with his lover. She looks around trying to get a better idea of where they are while she waits on Smg4 to communicate with Smg3. Smg4 is still focused on his power until he feels Smg3's tingly senses. He gasps as he feels happy that he's alive.

Smg4: He's okay! I can sense him!

Meggy: Cool! I knew that he would be ok! Can you tell where he is?

She looks around seeing multiple paths.

Smg4: He's actually sending Eggdog to guide us so we should wait for the egg.

He smiles then relaxes a bit.

Meggy: That's great! You see? I told you that he would be ok!

Meggy waits for Eggdog to arrive. He chuckles nervously as he waits patiently for the dog.

Smg4: I know it's just whenever I'm scared, I forget about most of the things. Mostly not thinking at all. Empty head of yours that what Smg3 told me.

Smg4 giggles.

Meggy: Yeah clearing your mind is a good way to deal while being scared!

Smg4 hears small noises as he sees Eggdog looks happy while holding something in his mouth.