Chapter 8 - New players join the party!

As soon as the portal closes, Smg3 is about to lose control over the whirlpool as he lets go of the canoe and dives into the water. He swims underwater as far away from the whirlpool. He continues kicking his legs harder as he's so close to reach the surface. Once he makes it to the surface safely, Smg3 lays down on the sand, catches his breath but soon passes out.

Meanwhile, Meggy runs up to the Showgrounds as fast as she can. As she gets there and sees that everyone is there, she starts yelling.

Meggy: Guys! Guys! It's an emergency! We need to go! Smg3 is in danger!! We need to save him!!

She has to stop for a minute to catch her breath. Everyone was looking at her like she's crazy or something until Smg4 spoke first.

Smg4: So what happened to Smg3?

Mario: Mario bet he's eaten by a shark! OoOOoooh very scaryyy!

Meggy looks at Mario angrily, then looks at Smg4 and starts to explain what had happened as quickly as possible.

Meggy: We were following a treasure map when we tried to cross a river with a canoe and the water got very violent. He opened a portal to save me but he's still in danger!

Mario: Mario thinks he will be fiiiine! Smg3 can handle himself! Right Smg4?

Smg4 looks at Mario with a glance and slaps him.

Smg4: Mario! This is serious! Meggy might tell us the truth! I can come with you to save him buuuut it's too scary for me hehe-

Meggy: Great! We can use your RV to get there faster. Mario you're coming too!

She grabs Mario and drags him into the RV as he screams and tries to get away.

Meggy: Alright Smg4 are you ready to go save Smg3?!

Smg4: I'm ready! Buckle up everyone! It's a rescue mission!

Mario: MARIO DOESN'T WANT TO SAVE YOUR SIMP!!

Smg4 blushes as he sits down on the driver's seat.

Smg4: I DON'T SIMP HIM!

Meggy buckles up in one of the back seats.

Meggy: Alright Smg4 step on it! Don't worry Smg3, we're coming!

Meggy looks over at Mario who's still trying to get out from helping.

Meggy: Hey Red can you please help us save Smg3? He's our friend and I'm really worried about him.

She says calmly. Mario looks at her like she's coo coo crazy.

Mario: Since when have you worried about Smg3?

Smg4 rolls his eyes as he steps into the gas pedal and drives.

Smg4: We're saving him because I owned him from saving me at the castle so it's fair enough!

Mario smiles like a trollface and starts singing.

Mario: Smg4 and Smg3 sitting on a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

She looks over at Mario angrily and slaps him.

Meggy: I'm worried because he's my friend too Mario!

She continues to look at Mario very angry and has an idea.

Meggy: Hey Mario, if you help us save Smg3, I will buy you as much spaghetti as I can get with my portion of the treasure when me and Smg3 find it!

Mario stops singing and looks at Meggy.