32

WARNINGS: "Mistress"

Daisy's POV:

I couldn't sleep in the night, but when I woke up-I felt even stranger, I saw a woman with straight brown hair and brown eyes to match. Her name is Hayden, she was my Dad's mistress, and most recently, has been here at the house, a lot.

She pets my hair, "Can't sleep, young one?" I answer her, "No." She smiles, "Here." She puts 'Looney Tunes' on the tv and we watch some cartoons together, when a question entered my mind.

I ask her, "Aunt Hayden?" She looks at me, "Hmm?" I ask her, "What do you miss about Daddy?" She repeats the question, "What do I miss about Daddy?"

Hayden, "Everything. I miss his laugh. And his smile. And I miss his little nose that he gave to you. I miss every time, 'The Wizard of Oz' was on." I say, "I love that movie." Hayden smiles at me, "I know."

Hayden, "I would sing all the songs. Especially, 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow,' You know what I miss the most about him?" I ask, "What?" She says, "Getting to tell him how much I love him."

I ask her, "Are you allowed to do that with anyone else?" Hayden says, "Am I allowed? Your daddy, before everything happened...that seemed to be all he wanted, me finding somebody else. But I would tell him I can't because he's my one and only."

I ask her, "What did Mommy say?" She rolls her eyes, "Come on, kid. We all know what your mom would say to that. It just wasn't meant to be is all. That's another thing I miss about your father. He actually thought I was awesome." I say to her, "I think you're awesome, Aunt Hayden" She smiles, "Thank you."

She sings me a lullaby, 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow.' My eyes close, and that's all I remember.