CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

My heart is pounding as the fights begin.

Names get called and for the next few minutes, all I hear is the sound of skin hitting skin and screams until a body drops onto the floor. Every time the crowd cheers, I flinch.

"C'mon June, we have front row seats!" Vivianne shouts over the crowd, grabbing my hand. She appeared out of no where, scaring me. I let her drag me towards the front, and my eyes widen at the bloody sight. A boy is getting dragged off the ring, his eyes closed and his face too bloody to recognize, and the other guy is screaming into the crowd, his fists pumped in the air.

I look away, not being able to handle the scene.

"Okay, the next pai—" the booming voice is cut off when I see Nikolas jump into the ring. His shirt was off showing off the arrangement of tattoos across his torso and neck and he the pair of shorts he was wearing couldn't hide his thick, muscular thighs.

Whispers erupted within the crowd as Nikolas said something to the person with the mike. The guy shook in his seat, terrified that he was talking to him before nodding.

"There's been a change of plans, everyone," he murmured into the mike. I looked to Vivianne to see that she was mirroring my same confused expression.

"Nikolas Cairo has personally challenged Dante Ross!" The scrawny guy shouted, looking around, "C'mon Dante! Are you going to step down or are you going to fight for your pride and win Flout of the month!" He goaded him. I see Dante in the corner, spit flying out of his mouth as he argued with the other members of the Four.

He shook his head, looking around at the cheering crowd before tugging his shirt off and joining Nikolas in the ring. A murderous glint flashes in Nikolas' eyes as he assessed the slight buffer boy. Though Dante had his size as an advantage, Nikolas clearly had a purely muscle body that was way leaner than the other boy.

I shook in my seat as Nikolas ripped his eyes off of Dante and scanned the crowed before locking eyes with me.

His lips moved slowly so I could see what he was saying.

"You're mine."

The guy the mike starts shouting shit into it but I didn't hear any of it as Nikolas clenched his wrapped fists and turnt his attention to Dante, a promise in his eyes to destroy him. Dante tried to hide his nervousness with a smug smirk and loud voice but I saw the fear in his eyes as he braced himself for impact.

Anger burns in my eyes at the same time relief floods through me. That was so fucked up. I was relieved that Nikolas would beat the absolute shit out of him so that I didn't have to keep up with the promise I made an innocent guy. I didn't know how I'd become so pathetic. But, I was angry that Nikolas thought he had some kind of possession over me when a few minutes ago, he had his tongue down some girl's throat.

I'm brought back to reality as the bell rings, signaling that the fight had begun.

"I think he's fighting for you," Vivianne says, watching as Nikolas dodged the first few swings Dante takes at him. I shake my head, "There's no way."

Dante turns his head to the crowd, needing validation but Nikolas take this moment of distraction to land the first blow on Dante's stomach. I hear his fist smack into the flesh before the students around me start screaming.

I flinch every time Dante fails to hit Nikolas and get a horrifying, painful blow in return. Though Dante's fist look like there's more power behind the punch, it's uncontrolled and juts out at the wrong times. While Nikolas is controlled as he watches Dante with cold eyes before attacking at the perfect time. My stomach hurls as Nikolas lands the final blow to Dante's bloodied face, sending him flying back. Dante doesn't get back up after that.