6. Daylight

Chapter 6DAYLIGHT

Chapter 6
DAYLIGHT

ADIRA

I stood in front of the mirror, assessing my outfit for the day. I smoothed down the fabric of the fitted white and blue floral sundress hugged my curves just right, accentuating my figure with a touch of elegance. It was a bit bold choice for me as the square neckline revealed a glimpse of my cleavage, accompanied with a thigh slit. I adjusted my chain necklace and ran my fingers through my hair, ensuring it fell just the way I liked it, and admired the final result.

Lost in my own little world, a voice pierced through my thoughts. "Adira, we're going to be late if you don't hurry up!" It was Ayan, reminding me that we had places to be.

I turned towards the door, a mischievous twinkle in my eyes. "I'm ready, Ayan. Just give me a moment." I wanted Ayan to appreciate me for more than my brains. I wished he would take a moment to truly see me, to let me know that I mattered.

As I made my way out of the room, I glanced at Ayan and Arjun, their expressions mirroring each other yet filled with contrasting emotions. Ayan's eyes held a tint of possessiveness, his gaze lingering on the exposed part of my neckline. Arjun, on the other hand, seemed to appreciate the way the dress showcased my beauty with a glimmer of something in his deep eyes I couldn't put a name on.

" Ayan," I called out, twirling around in the new dress I had picked out. "Do I look nice?"

His response was a half-hearted nod. I had hoped for a genuine compliment, a reassuring word, or maybe even a playful tease. But instead, I got this distracted acknowledgment, despite his possessive glances earlier had given me a glimmer of hope that he cared, but now, in this moment, it felt like I was just an afterthought.

Then my gaze fell upon Esha, who was dressed in an outfit that left little to the imagination. Her crop top barely covered anything, and her shorts seemed more like a mere suggestion of clothing. I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow, a smile tugging at the corners of my lips.

Arjun, always quick with his wit, couldn't resist teasing Esha. "Esha, are you planning to go out like that? It looks more like a scarf than a top. We don't want to give the entire beach a free show, do we?"

Esha shot him a glare, clearly unamused by his comment. "Oh, please, Arjun. You're just jealous that I can rock this outfit."

Arjun smirked, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "Jealous? Hardly. I'll stick to wearing clothes that actually cover my butt, thank you very much."

Suppressing a giggle, I realized that this banter had become a familiar part of our dynamic. With a shake of my head, I interjected, "Alright, alright. Let's focus on getting to our destination on time, shall we? We don't want to keep everyone waiting."