26. Sweet Nothing

Chapter 26 

Chapter 26 

Sweet nothing

Ayan 

"Did you think about us?"

I asked Esha, when she was quietly lying in my arms after having sex. We had returned to Delhi but decided to stay in a hotel room for the night before heading to Chandigarh tomorrow. The preparations were in full swing, and I had managed to get everything done according to the event planner's suggestions. It had been a tiring trip, but now we were enjoying a well-deserved rest.

I looked at Esha, her curiosity was evident in her eyes. "About what?" she asked.

I felt my heart race. "Baby, about us," I replied nervously. "Have you thought about it?"

Esha hesitated for a moment. "You know, I have to work a lot on my brand," she said. "There's so much pressure. I honestly didn't get time to think about it."

Understanding her commitment to her work, I reassured her, "It's okay, take your time. We can figure it out together. By the way, I managed to clear the restrictions in that store location you talked about."

Her eyes lit up with gratitude. "Aww, you are the best. Did I tell you that?" she said. She leaned in and pressed a kiss to my lips. 

Taking a deep breath, "Esha, it's been difficult for me," I confessed. "After this whole celebration, I will leave Adira. I tried to clear things up, but we aren't working anymore. "

I found myself apologizing to Adira countless times. In the past, she used to be more forgiving and understanding, letting go of small things easily. But now, she appeared more resolute and fiery about the matter, unwilling to back down. It was becoming clear that the apologies that once worked were no longer enough and I didn't have enough time or energy to grovel for her.

She nodded." I know you're dealing with a lot…but I think you could always use a distraction." She smirked playfully. Her hands moved downwards my body, with an altogether different ulterior motive, rather than focusing on our conversation.

When she touched me, all doubts, all thoughts, all worries were forgotten momentarily, with my body thumping with pleasure and my heart beating rapidly for only Esha.

_______________《 ◇ 》________________

I turned to Adira and reminded her, "Make sure you don't let mom and dad know anything. It's their time, let them enjoy themselves. Don't involve them in our matters."

We drove to Chandigarh, I couldn't shake off the tension that was building between us. 

"I know these things already, Ayan," she said, with a hint of frustration in her voice. "Don't forget I have helped in making them feel special too."