18. You are in Love

Note- Mature content ahead

Note- Mature content ahead. If you're uncomfortable you can skip this chapter.

Chapter 18

YOU ARE IN LOVE

Adira

The night enveloped the yacht and I found myself gazing out at the vast expanse of the sea. The rhythmic lull of the waves created a soothing backdrop.

My mind wandered to the familiar comforts of home, the routines and responsibilities of work that awaited me. Thoughts of Ayan and Arjun mingled with a hint of uncertainty. I looked around at the rooms behind, Everyone except me was sleeping soundly because of exhaustion from the day's adventures. Ayan and I had separate bedrooms in this yacht. 

In the moment of stillness, I was feeling a sense of longing and gratitude. Gratitude for the memories we had created, for the laughter and support we had shared. And longing for the continuation of this bond I shared with them.

Lost in my thoughts, I was interrupted by the sound of footsteps approaching. I turned to find Arjun standing beside me, a glint in his eyes. With a playful smile, I remarked, "So, the yacht was just a way to impress, wasn't it?"

Arjun chuckled softly, his voice carrying a hint of self-deprecation. "Well Hazelnut, I won't deny it. I wanted to end this trip in style. Maybe I wanted to impress you a little, too."

I smiled at his honesty, appreciating the effort he had put into making our time together in Goa unforgettable.

"So, Adira, what happens when we return? What becomes of us?", he asked with a hint of caution in his voice.

"Honestly, Arjun, I have no idea. And right now, I just want to stop worrying about the future and enjoy the present moment.", I stared at his charcoal black gaze. They were deep black and one can drown in the darkness they hold.

"Oh, really? Are you up for another adventure then?", his signature smirk came and he gazed at the water, giving me his profile. His strong jaw. The hair curling at his temple. His soft lips. I understood the hidden meaning of his words.

"Are you seriously suggesting late-night skinny dipping in the water? Trying to tempt me, Arjun?", I said playfully.

"Maybe I am. The night is young, and the water looks inviting. Care to join, Hazelnut?", he leaned closer. 

 I gape at him. “Right now?”

“Why not?”

“Well, for one, we don’t have our swimsuits.”

“So what?” he said, walking backwards as he removed his linen shirt and tossed it to the ground. “Well, we don't need any clothes for skinny dipping, right.” He grinned widely.