24. King of my heart

Chapter 24

Chapter 24

King of my heart

Adira

Note: Smut ahead.

There's something about Arjun, he knows how to make the person he's with feel incredibly important. I've been on some terrible dates before, and even Ayan never took the effort to plan anything special for me. But with Arjun, everything feels so different and special. 

As we drove in his sleek sedan BMW, Arjun opened the car door for me like a true gentleman. I smiled and settled into the seat, eager to know our destination. He insisted I take a half-day off from work, and now we were heading to some unknown place. I asked him where we were going, but he just grinned and said it's a surprise.

"Where to, Sir?"I asked him again. He was looking ahead at the road.

"To the stars," he had the audacity to smirk.

"As much as I love the idea of you quoting Titanic, I need to know where we are going, to be prepared." The anticipation inside me was brewing.

"As much as I love the idea of you calling me 'Sir', I insist on saving that for the bed, Hazelnut," He teased, looking at me. "And surprise means surprise."

I snorted at his response.

I was a total planning freak, always needing to know every detail of what was happening, where we were going, and what we were doing. On the other hand, Arjun was the complete opposite, taking life as it came.

As we drove along, I felt like a passenger princess in my office attire, a blue shirt and black formal skirt, completely at his mercy, eagerly waiting to know he had in store for us.

He stopped the car at a Chinese food truck, and the memories of my father came rushing back. It was the same place we used to visit when I was a child, and though it had become a bit more modern and changed locations, the name and owner remained the same, a bit older now.

Curious, I asked him, "How did you find it?"

With a smug smile, he replied, "I have my sources. You must be hungry, it's lunchtime. So, what place is better than this?"

My emotions overwhelmed me, and I could feel tears forming in my eyes. "You have no idea what it means to me. Thank you,"

First, he surprised me by coming all the way to Delhi, and now this gesture of bringing me to my childhood food spot. My heart couldn't help but fall for him a bit more with each passing moment.

He bought two meal bowls, one of teriyaki for himself and the other of kung pao chicken for me, along with some dimsums. It was as if he knew exactly how to treat a woman right. 

Feed her food. She'll be yours.

We decided to eat in the car, and while I was enjoying my bowl, I was a bit scared of getting the leather seats dirty with the food. But Arjun noticed my concern and assured me not to worry, saying that he could always clean it later.