25. Mine

Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Mine

Arjun

Taking a weekend break and flying to Delhi was the best decision I had ever made, in my thirty years of life.

Since the last twenty four hours, we had covered every surface of this apartment- the kitchen, the bedroom, the shower and even the walls. It was as if she had unleashed a side of mine which only wanted her desperately. In every way possible.

We cooked together, ate together, and slept together, my mind was in daydreams of how wonderful it would be to share these simple and mundane things with her for the rest of our lives.

I wasted no time in booking the flights and making my way to Delhi as soon as Ayan mentioned his work in Chandigarh. When I finally laid eyes on her beautiful face, all the effort and planning were worth it. She was worth it.

Seeing her smile and the happiness in her eyes made my heart soar. Now, I understood why Ayan used to make excuses to meet Esha, even though she was never good in that department.

Department?! When did I start thinking like Adira?

Just one of the side effects of falling in love. A part of my heart answered.

I was determined to cherish every moment and make the most of our time in Delhi. I wanted to make her happy, over and over again. It had become a habit I never wanted to give up.

That's why we found ourselves standing in the middle of a posh bookshop, and Adira's face lit up like a child receiving their favorite toy or a free amusement park pass.

She moved through the shelves, running her fingers along the spines, carefully choosing which books to take. I watched her with delight, knowing that this was something she loved. It was a side of Adira I hadn't seen before, and it made me fall even more in love with her.

When she hesitated over a book, I couldn't resist. "Why not take it, Hazelnut? You seem interested," I said, trying to hide my smile.

"I don't want to be greedy," she replied, but her eyes betrayed her longing for the book.

"Hey, I want to spoil you. Let me do that," I insisted, taking out my credit card and handing it to her. "Get whatever you like, my treat."

Adira looked at me, unsure, but then a playful smile danced on her lips. "You're spoiling me too much," she teased.

"Can't help it. Seeing you happy is my biggest reward," I said, gently touching her cheek.

With that assurance, Adira's eyes sparkled with excitement, and she began to collect a stack of books. As she piled them up, I chuckled at her innocence. The Adira who once scolded me for gifting her an expensive bag was now unabashedly hoarding books from each genre.