40. All too well

Chapter 40

Chapter 40

All too well

Arjun 

"I want you to choose me, Adira. Come to me willingly. No more regrets," I said, looking at her with hope and vulnerability. And then I walked away. 

I couldn't keep the truth bottled up inside me any longer. It was time to lay it all out, in front of everyone.

I dropped the bomb, revealing everything I had been holding back. I knew how tirelessly Ayan and I had worked to make this day perfect. But the news that the baby was mine had changed everything for me. Adira was mine. This baby was mine. Ours.

As I walked away, I couldn't help but steal one more glance at her. She looked like the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in her red embroidered net saree, the diamond earrings dangling from her ears, and the sleeveless blouse perfectly showcasing the smooth milky skin of her shoulders and arms, her soft silky hairs cascaded around her face in waves.The natural night lighting made her face glow  and made her dazzling hazel eyes shine even more. Red was undoubtedly her color. Only the ring and mangalsutra on her indicated that this beautiful woman wasn't mine. 

But this time, I understood that Adira had to make this choice for herself. I loved her, but the decision had to be truly hers to make. She had to embrace the truth and fight for herself and the chance for us or decide to stay in the shackles of marriage that had bound her. I had always encouraged her, but this final step had to be her own.

I made my way back to my room, packed my things and clothes, my heart feeling incredibly heavy. And with a heavy heart, I left. Hoping against hope that things would eventually work out in our favor, that what was meant to be mine would come to me – my Adira, my sweet Hazelnut, our baby, and our future.

But there was a tiny part of me that acknowledged the possibility that things might not turn out the way I hoped. If that was the case, then I was prepared to walk away from her life for good, even if it meant never returning.

_______________《 ◇ 》________________