𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

"So? Are you calling him or what?!" Delilah exclaimed in suspense

Everyone was at the triplet's house, and Isla had just told everyone what happened at the checkout counter.

"I mean.. I think so. Should I?" Isla asked hesitantly, not sure on what to do since she wasn't very good at this boy stuff. It was all pretty new to her.

"Yeah definitely. If he asked you and was all straight up like you said, he for sure wants you to call him. Otherwise he wouldn't have asked for your phone number, dummy." Jay advised Isla, playfully rolling his eyes at her.

Isla rolled her eyes in return. "Alright alright I will. I'm not sure what to say though, it's probably gonna be awkward." She giggled.

Nick gave Isla a soft, reassuring smile . "Just be yourself, your thinking too much into this. He'll for sure like you for you."

Isla smiled back at Nick, feeling how Nick truly did believe what he was saying. "I hope so. I'll call him tomorrow. Calling him tonight just seems too soon."

Nick nodded, agreeing with her.

After Isla, Delilah, and Jay left, it was just the triplets in their living room.

"So.. how are you doing with this whole thing?" Matt asked Chris, eyeing him. He didn't say much, but Chris could understand what he meant.

"God, I hate this Markus guy." Chris began, quickly finding himself already in some weird mood. "He's so annoying, and I just hate him. I don't even know why, I mean I don't even really know the guy. But he just gets on my nerves, ya know? Like for some
reason I just get a bad vibe off of him, like I don't
want him even around her. I think he's no good." Chris finished ranting, after words had just slipped out of his mouth before he could even think to stop them.

But Matt didn't say anything, he just gave Chris a smile, a weird smile that now made Chris confused. He was sure he understood what Matt meant earlier, but now, well, he couldn't exactly decipher what his brother was trying to say.

"What?" Chris asked.

"Nothing. Yeah, I get you. I get why you hate him." Matt mumbled, now ready to give up on his hopeless point. It was clear to him that Chris wouldn't understand what he meant anytime soon. Maybe one day he would.

"You do? Have you ever met him?" Chris asked, as his eyebrows went up. He seemed to be intrigued now, after hearing that his thoughts about Markus deemed to be reciprocated.

Matt chuckled. "No, I haven't."

Well now Chris was confused. "What do you mean then, you haven't even met him so why would you hate him? You have no reason." He pointed out, after realizing that he, too, hated the boy for no reason.