𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

Isla ended up having no idea what to dress up as, and since Nick, Stella, Delilah and Fallon were the only ones who wanted to dress up, they decided to go as angels and devils

Isla ended up having no idea what to dress up as, and since Nick, Stella, Delilah and Fallon were the only ones who wanted to dress up, they decided to go as angels and devils. She knew it was basic but thought it would be too weird if she didn't dress up since Markus had told her to. Isla, Delilah, and Stella were angels, while Nick and Fallon were devils.

The eight of them arrived at Jason's house for the party. Isla's anxiety was already booming, even though she wasn't even inside yet. She could hear the entire house shake from the music, while she stood outside.

She took a deep breath, and before she walked in Chris squeezed her hand as he could tell she was nervous. Matt looked over at her and saw her panicked face, and mouthed to her, "it'll be okay."

As they all walked in, they could feel vibrations of the music, as it shook the floor. The melodies started to take over Isla's ears, and she couldn't hear almost anything except for the music playing around them.

"I'm gonna get a drink." Fallon announced, holding Stella's hand and starting to pull her to the fridge.

"Hey wait, I'm gonna get one too." Jay slightly shouted, since he wasn't sure if she could hear him fully.

Fallon stopped in her tracks, and looked back at Jay and nodded.

Out of the corner of Chris's eye, he could see Markus start to walk towards them.

"Isla. You're here!" Markus exclaimed, as he smiled at Isla, and gave acknowledging looks to the others.

He was wearing a zombie sort of costume, he hadn't gone all out but had fake blood and makeup under his eyes on. It was just then, when Isla started to realize the features of his face she hadn't before. His blue eyes, the freckles on his face, the way his nose curved. These things she hadn't realized before, since she hadn't been that close to him before. The thought brought heat to her cheeks, as she smiled back at him.

"Of course! Do you like my costume?" She asked, smirking at the boy in front of her.

"Yeah.. I like this dress." He replied smirking, as he looked down at the white dress that she wore.

"You do?"

"Mhm. Hey what do you say if we get a drink, Iz?"

Matt, Nick, and Delilah all froze. They slowly looked over at Chris, to see his reaction. His eyebrows were furrowed, as he stared at Markus. He scoffed.

Iz? Seriously, Iz? Markus has no right to call her that. That was my nickname for her, who the fuck does he think he is calling her that? Chris thought.

Everyone always knew that Chris was the only one who called Isla Iz, but nobody knew why. Nobody questioned it. It had started in the seventh grade.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵