chapter thirteen

Chris had Matt drive him to Isla's house (along with Nick for moral support), and he couldn't be any more nervous. He was so scared, the thought of telling his best friend of ten years that he had feelings for her scared the living shit out of him.
As he sat in Matt's car, he tried to calm his nerves down. He took deep breaths, in and out. It didn't exactly work though, as he could feel his heart practically beating out of his chest in nervousness.

Nonetheless, Chris was kind of excited. He wondered what Isla would say though.

How do I even begin to tell her?
Does she feel the same way?
What about Markus?

These were all questions he asked himself. Part of him also wondered when he had started liking Isla again, or if he never stopped. Holy shit, what if he's liked her for the whole ten years he's know her?

___________________________________

It was seventh grade, and Isla decided to stay the night. Her mom and step dad had recently been married, and were arguing a lot. Isla asked if she could stay over, since she was sick and tired of her parent's bickering. The Sturniolo's said yes of course, as she was allowed over at any time she wanted.

Since Chris felt kind of bad about her whole family situation, he decided to get all of her favorite snacks. He also made sure to record her very favorite movie, legally blonde. Chris thought the movie was extremely stupid and honestly hated watching it because he claimed it was 'too girly', but since it made Isla happy, it made him happy.

As Isla knocked on the Sturniolo's door, Marylou was quick to answer. She greeted Isla, and gave her a warm hug. Marylou always made Isla feel welcome, she treated Isla like her the daughter she never had.

As soon as Chris saw Isla, he ran over to her and gave her a big hug.

"Hey Iz." He gave her a huge smile.

"Hey Chrissy." Isla replied, smirking.

Chris rolled his eyes. "Ugh. How many times how I told you not to call me that?" He huffed, crossing his arms.

"Okay. Sorry, Chris." Isla corrected herself.

Chris nodded in approval at her correction.

"You want something to eat? I'm starving." Chris asked, walking over to his fridge.

"No I'm good. Can I have a soda, though?" Isla asked.

Chris looked around his fridge. There was only one Pepsi left. If any other person asked for that last soda, he would've laughed in their face. Of course though, he couldn't say no to Iz.

"Here." Chris said, handing his best friend a can of Pepsi.

"Can I get one too?" Matt asked, as he and Nick walked into the room. "Oh. Hey, Isla. I didn't know you were coming." Matt smiled softly at her, which was reciprocated by Isla.

"Sorry, their all gone." Chris replied.

Nick chuckled. "Wow, so you really are that bad down to give isla the last Pepsi."

Chris rolled his eyes at his giggling brothers. "Shut up, it's not even a big deal."

Chris turned back to Isla. "Do you wanna watch your dumb blonde movie now?"