chapter twenty four

At the last minute, Jay decided to invite the friend group over to his house for New Years. He didn't expect many people to be able to come since it was such short notice, but to his surprise everyone could come.

Delilah and Isla were in Delilah's bedroom, getting ready.

Isla put on her mascara, while Delilah reapplied her lipgloss for the 1000th time.

Delilah turned to Isla. "How's it look?" She flashed a grin.

"It looks great. You look gorgeous, Del." Isla complemented, giving a soft smile.

"Thanks. You look amazing too, damn." Delilah eyed her dress.

Isla smiled at Delilah in response, which was reciprocated.

Isla had worn a nice dress, one that was perfect. It wasn't too formal, not too casual, and showed off her curves well. Isla truly felt beautiful, and was excited for the evening ahead of her.

"Oh shit! Matt texted me five minutes ago saying he's outside my house and I didn't see it." Delilah groaned.

Isla laughed. "I wouldn't expect anything less from you."

"Oh shut it." Delilah waved her friend away playfully.

Delilah quickly applied her lipgloss one last time, took a look in the mirror, and grabbed her bag and left with Isla.

"Finally. It only took you forever." Chris muttered, after Isla and Delilah got into their car.

Once Delilah got into the car, Matt turned around and gave Delilah a quick kiss.

"Ew. You two sicken me." Chris said in disgust.

Delilah glared at Chris, and kissed Matt again.

"Gross! Stop it with the PDA." Chris groaned, and covered his eyes.

Nick chuckled. "Don't act like that isn't you and Scar." He joked, and Chris turned around in his seat and slapped Nick.

Matt put out his hand to stop the two. "Okay, okay. Let's get going, we already have Jay, Stella and Fallon waiting on us." Matt murmured.

Once they arrived at Jay's house, the group were all greeted.

"Hey guys! Sorry it took so long for us to get here." Delilah muttered.

"I wonder who's fault that was." Chris giggled.

Delilah rolled her eyes.

"It's okay! Come in." Jay stepped to the side of the door, allowing room for the group to walk in.

It was about 10 pm, and Jay had decided to invite everyone over later than he usually would because they were planning to do an all nighter.

They had once pulled an all nighter, and the group all agreed that they found it fun and definitely wanted to do it again. Since they were already going to stay up past midnight for new years, they decided to just pull another all nighter.

After an hour quickly passed without everyone really realizing it because of how much fun they were having, Jay realized that it was getting close to midnight.

His parents were gone for the weekend, and he was an only child so everyone had to house to themselves. Because of this, he decided to ask one of his legal friends to grab him two bottles of champagne.

Usually, Jay didn't drink much. He didn't do it much because he didn't like the side effects after it, such as the raging hangovers he often got after drinking. But, this was a special occasion.