'Kidnapped'

The rain was heavy and the fog misty as the two men sauntered across the graveyard. The Royal Brothers had retreated to the palace on urgent matters, leaving the Queen and Princess along with a single bodyguard. The guard was quick to drop to the floor, his head decapitated from his body as crimson pooled out around him. One of the men stalked forward towards the mourning Queen, his face was half covered, revealing his drooping, glowing eyes. Quick, he moved forward, pressing the wet handkerchief to Athena’s face. The woman shrieked and clawed and kicked as she spotted another cloaked man grasping Yui and hauling her to her feet. It wasn’t long before the chemicals kicked in and both women fell limp in their captors’ arms.

-_-_-_-

“Well, well, well,” the long-haired man sang below his breath as he watched the long car drive off, “what have we here?”

“Was this planned?” The well-dressed boy said from behind him, eyes wide and eyebrows furrowed. The wind around them picked up, blowing harshly around the misty graveyard. The hunched man before him shook his head with a grim smile.

“If anything,” he said gruffly, “our task has gotten harder.”

“Your task,” the boy replied.

“Ah-ah,” the man shook his bony finger, “we made a deal, Kino.”

“And the Founders are dead. The dangerous ones anyways.”

“If you want to take out the King then you must leave him vulnerable,” the man said, “do you not remember the state he was in after she died the first time? I don’t know why you didn’t make your move then.”

“I had no access to him.”

“You’re playing this out too slowly. It’s boring.”

“Says the man who waited seventeen years for his plan to take action - only for it to go to hell.”

“Cordelia died in the end.”

“But are you the King?”

"Touché, my boy, touché."

-_-_-_-

The room she rest in was large and square, the bed was pressed against the left wall; a large painting stood above it. A round fur rug warmed the wooden floors, it was white and soft to the touch. The windows decorated the wall opposite the large door, looking out at the woods far beyond. Athena's eyes grew to the size of saucers as she shot up from where she lay, dragging her hands through her short locks.

"What the…" she murmured, looking around before looking down at the crisp, white nightgown she wore.

A knock at the door sounded, causing the woman to gulp and hide beneath her covers. "Hiding won't help you," a gruff voice said, causing Athena's head to poke out from behind the thin cover, "you're safe here."

"You kidnapped me!" She shrieked, tumbling out of the bed and standing as far back as possible whilst grasping one of the pillows to cover up her body, "You!"

"Relax," the dark haired man sighed as he massaged his temples, "we were ordered to."

"Unless your dear old daddy is giving you requests from hell then-"

"By your husband."

She blinked once, looking down at the pillow before looking up at Ruki Mukami. "Bullshit," she snapped, "he would have confided in me, surely."

"Whatever you say," he replied with a shrug, "get dressed, we have school."

"School? First off, where's Yui? Second, what makes you think I won't run?"