The Duel

The moon was high in the sky, the bright stars twinkled down upon the large palace as the royal family members were getting ready for the upcoming ball. The Tsukinami brothers had been located in the west wing on the floor above the Mukamis, the Sakamakis located in the eastern wing and the King hidden away in his private chambers.

Reiji Sakamaki and his wife were preparing in the same room. Several handmaids had flocked over to poor, pale Athena and stripped her bare (in front of her bemused husband) and ushered her into the bathroom. He'd stayed in their bedroom, having bathed earlier on, and quietly dressed himself into his princely clothing. Tight, black trousers and a white, marie-sleeved shirt with a tall, flowy collar and an ugly, lilac bow tie. He'd been combing his hair when his wife was ushered through the room, a fluffy towel clinging to her body. "It's not like you to be so shy," he smirked, causing her to grumble as he shot an uncharacteristic wink her way.

"Shut up," she muttered, scoffing as the large dress was presented before her. "Hell no."

Reiji sauntered towards her, his arm wrapping around her waist as she stared at the poofy dress in horror. "I'm not wearing that."

"His orders," Reiji replied, "I think it's rather…"

"Hideous? Outrageous?"

"I was going to say pretty," he offered.

"The colour," she whined, "why on earth is everything lilac?" Reiji couldn't contain his chuckle as she let go of her towel, gesturing to it, "It's so ugly!" She shrieked as the towel collapsed to the floor, her cheeks burning red as Reiji looked at her. "Look away!"

"I've seen it all before." He glanced at the maids who were awaiting Athena to step into the dress. He dismissed them with a wave of his hand.

Athena's head snapped towards him as the door shut behind the maids. "You couldn't have done that before they plucked every hair from my body?"

"You have as much power as I do," he said, "you could have done it yourself. Now, get dressed."

"I don't want to."

"You're being childish."

"I'm dying, you can't ridicule me," she retorted. His hand grasped her face, squishing her cheeks as he leaned down, nose brushing hers.

"Don't joke about that," he muttered darkly. "Put the dress on or go naked."

She sulked as she stepped into the thick fabrics.

Reiji was gentle as he pulled the heavy thing up, helping her arms through the butterfly sleeves. He was gentle with the corset, ignoring her grumpy mumbles.

"How are you feeling?" He asked after tightening the corset, leaving her breathless for a moment.

"I'm fine," she said, "no coughing today."

"That's good," he swallowed, taking her brush in his hands and dragging it through her waves.

"How does the dress look?"

"You were right, it's a hideous colour," he smirked, pushing her hair over her shoulder as he pressed a kiss to the nape of her neck. Her legs wobbled and she nearly fell back as he wrapped his arm around her.

"What are you doing?" She whispered, "Don't do what I think you're about to do."

"You wouldn't stop me."

"I would."

"It'd be too late."

"Please."

"Only because you asked so nicely."