Chapter 2

Aerosmith - Crazy

Valentina

After yet another threat of expulsion from McGonagall, we finally returned to our dormitories.

It wasn't the most restful night for me. My usual nightmares woke me up in a cold sweat, my heart beating like crazy. I had to take a cold shower to calm my boiling nerves, but that wasn't enough to get me back to sleep.

Knowing that I had no classes this morning, I decided to grab a few extra hours of sleep.

Even so, when I got up, I was still tired and anxious. I put on my headphones and left the dormitory. The music was my silent confidant, isolating me from the rest of the world.

With the first light of day, I slipped out of the Slytherin common room, enjoying the peace and quiet of the castle while it was still asleep. I ended up settling down against the arches next to the Transfiguration class, a place I appreciate for its tranquillity.

I decided to take advantage of the absence of the boys, all three of whom were in Advanced Potions classes with Professor Thorne

Potions was never my favourite subject. I just couldn't understand the point of memorising all those recipes, especially when the teacher in question was as exasperating as Thorne.

As for the boys, they seem to enjoy immersing themselves in the delicate art of potions. Theo, in particular, seems completely at ease with the subject.

As for Matt, I'm still wondering how he managed to get into this class.

A sigh of escape escapes my lips as I close my eyes, letting myself be lulled by the melodies that flow through me. The music creates a cocoon of comfort around me, temporarily distancing me from the worries of reality.

It's almost amusing to see the curious looks on the faces of the other students when I'm wearing my headphones. Muggle technology is still largely unknown in the wizarding world, and Muggle music is a perfect example.

I've always been fascinated by the way Muggles have been able to capture emotions and stories through their songs, and I feel lucky to be able to enjoy them through this little object.

It's hard to believe that wizards haven't yet managed to match the likes of Elvis Presley or even David Bowie. Their musical talents are simply extraordinary.

I often shared my discoveries with my friends, who were just as curious and open-minded.

Some Hogwarts students have managed to get their hands on what are known as phones, enabling them to send instant messages to each other.

Others, however, remain attached to traditional methods such as sending owls. It's something I can't help but find charming in its own way, even though I prefer texting.