Chapter 22

Valentina

After Mattheo's departure, a strange melody of emotions and questions lingered in my mind, preventing me from finding sleep. The night had become an accomplice to my incessant reflections.

Mattheo had said that he was still my best friend, and in the silent darkness of my bedroom, I came to accept this truth.

The memories we'd shared, the laughter and the special moments we'd created together weighed more heavily than the pain of the recent discord. I was ready to make peace with the past and restore our friendship.

After hours of staring at the ceiling, fiddling with the green diamond necklace, I finally made a decision. I got up, determined to unravel the mysteries surrounding my family.

The box under my bed was waiting for me. I carefully pulled out the frame of the young woman, her eyes peering back at me from the image, looking deeply enigmatic.

"What are you hiding from me..." I whispered, my gaze searching the details of his face that had been frozen for years.

I continued to rummage around, examining each object carefully. I pulled out a huge black and red cloth and spread it out on the floor.

The room was silent, except for the soft rustle of the fabric of the robe on the floor. The picture frame with the photo of Maxine Redwood lay beside me, seeming to retain its mystery.

Yet I couldn't help wondering who she was and what connection she might have with me.

The huge black and red robe stretched out before me. The fabric was of exceptional quality, almost as good as new despite the years that had passed.

I was struck by the coat of arms embroidered on the robe: a raven wearing armour, surrounded by a black and red circle. It was both mysterious and disturbing. Enigmatic inscriptions adorned the coat of arms, but I couldn't decipher them.

After taking a moment to look at the robe, I took a photo of the coat of arms just in case and decided to try it on

After taking a moment to look at the robe, I took a photo of the coat of arms just in case and decided to try it on. It was much bigger than my size, but I wanted to feel what it was like to wear such a piece.

So I put it on, adjusting the folds of fabric so that it fit me just about right.

While wearing the robe, I continued to search the box for clues.

That's when my fingers came across a black book, hidden at the bottom. There was no apparent inscription or title. It seemed innocuous, but a piece of paper fell out when I grabbed it.

I picked up the note carefully, my heart pounding with anticipation. My eyes fell on the handwritten words, and I read the contents carefully.

You, desperate for answers,

If you're reading these words, then you've discovered my diary, an object not to be taken lightly.