Chapter 37

Aurora

The evening at the Three Broomsticks had been a turning point for Valentina since her break-up with Mattheo. I was tired of seeing my best friend plunged into sadness, especially as I had pushed her a little to open up to him.

My anger towards Mattheo Riddle was palpable, and Theo and Enzo hadn't forgiven him either. Valentina was unpredictable, and personally, I had only one desire: to kick Mattheo Riddle's ass.

She seemed to have rekindled her friendship with Ben Weasley, our awkward but caring friend, with whom we'd both been close in second year.

Their relationship had gone some way back when Valentina had started hanging out with the boys, but they seemed to have found their way back to each other.

Two weeks had passed since that evening, and Valentina's change of attitude was radical. 

Neither I nor the boys could ignore it.

It had also been two months since Mattheo Riddle had left Hogwarts. Despite Theo's efforts to get news, no information had emerged. Enzo had even searched the whole of Hogsfield to no avail.

We avoided the subject with her, trying to manage the situation as best we could, but I'd never seen my best friend so sad. The situation was becoming increasingly difficult to bear.

Valentina, however, had become a completely different person. She seemed now indifferent to everything that was happening to her, even when she had been given a howler by her father for her recent detentions.

With this in mind, I headed for the astronomy tower, where Theodore was already smoking.

I took a few moments to observe him. Even though we'd only been dating for a few months now, Theodore still had the power to make my heart beat faster.

"You're undressing me with your eyes," he smirked, his eyes staring at the horizon as he exhaled the smoke from his cigarette.

My cheeks flushed slightly and I cleared my throat before stepping closer to him.

He stretched out an arm, pulling me closer to his body, wedging me deliciously between his sturdy figure and the railing of the tower.

He gently wrapped his arm around my waist, creating a warm closeness between us. 

"I've got something to tell you," I began, determined to share this news with him.

He turned his gaze to me, a gleam of anticipation in his eyes. "What is it, amore?"

Theo knew how weak I could become when he spoke Italian to me, I could sometimes hear his accent when he spoke and it was terribly sexy.

I shook my head, coming to my senses.

"My parents have suggested that you spend the Easter holidays with us. They want to meet you," I announced, watching her reaction carefully.

An expression of surprise and apprehension crossed his face. He took one last drag of his cigarette before carefully stubbing it out against the railing.

"Is it serious?" he asked, probably trying to read my intentions in my eyes.

I nodded, a smile forming on my lips. "They can't wait to get to know you..."

Theodore stared at me intently, his eyes searching mine as if looking for sincerity in my words. Then he smiled. "I suppose that's an invitation I can't refuse," he replied teasingly, kissing my cheek.