Chapter 42

Valentina

During a break, he took the time to explain a few tips to me. "Focus on a strong thought, something you can visualize clearly. This will make it harder for me to break through your defenses."

I followed his advice, fixing my mind on a memory that was close to my heart, a moment of pure joy. Mattheo's words echoed in my head like a calming mantra. "Block me, Valentina. Remember, you're in control."

The tension in the air was palpable, each attempt by Mattheo to penetrate my thoughts met with a more resistant mental barrier. It was an intimate fight, a mental ballet where will and resistance mixed.

A searing pain in my head hit me hard, nearly bending me in half, but Mattheo acted with remarkable speed to keep me from falling.

"Agh, fuck, Matt!" I grumbled, a shiver of pain lingering in my temples, prompting Mattheo to carefully stand up.

He took a step back, letting me catch my breath. "I'm sorry, Val, but I have no choice but to get inside your head and train you to block me," he said with a hint of regret.

I sighed feeling defeated. Mattheo had been entering my head for almost an hour without any difficulty and it hurt horribly.

After almost an hour of exercise, I fell back onto the mattress, physically and mentally exhausted. Mattheo, aware of the difficulty of the training, let me take a well-deserved break.

"You know, if you don't want to do it anymore, I can understand..." he said, but I knew he didn't really mean it, a way to relieve me of this pain if I wished. However, I couldn't give up. There was too much at stake, too much knowledge to protect.

"No, it's okay... Just give me two seconds..." I replied, my eyelids closing instinctively as I lay back on the mattress.

"Mr. Softy would be proud of you," he joked for a moment, breaking the seriousness of the training.

Opening my eyes suddenly, I sat up, my eyebrows furrowed. "How the hell could you...?"

He laughs, relaxed. "Magic, baby. Magic." His mischievous smile awakened a hint of embarrassment in me. "Hey, we don't judge little Val's choices," I replied with a shrug, trying to hide my embarrassment.

He continued to laugh, but I was quick to respond, grabbing his tie, determination glinting in my eyes. "It's not fair. You shouldn't have access to these kinds of intimate memories."

Mattheo shook his head, a playful smile lingering on his lips

Mattheo shook his head, a playful smile lingering on his lips. "Welcome to the world of Legilimency, where mental barriers are like paper doors."

Frustrated, but determined to master this art, I released his tie. "Do it again," I stated firmly, bracing myself for the next intrusion.

"Are you sure ?" he worried, changing his teasing expression to one of genuine concern.

I nodded, ready for the challenge, and we continued training for hours, each session bringing tangible improvements.