Chapter 16*

Mattheo

I quickly left the ballroom after McGonagall's dance class. The dark, silent corridors were a welcome refuge after that tense moment in the ballroom.

My heart was beating far too fast, and I could still feel Valentina's warmth close by. I didn't really know how to deal with what had just happened.

When I reached the nearest bathroom, I closed the door behind me, finding myself alone at last. My reflection in the mirror seemed just as agitated as I was, my eyes reflecting the confusion inside me.

I turned on the tap and let the cold water run over my hands, then plunged my face into the icy water. The moment's respite helped me to regain my composure and calm my frantic heartbeat.

I kept thinking about what might have been if the music hadn't stopped so abruptly. Valentina's lips were so close to mine, and the attraction between us was undeniable.

But I hadn't thought for a second about the consequences, the complications that might arise, but my thoughts were too strong.

I began to pace back and forth, my hands firmly against my groin as the images continued to haunt me.

"Fuck!" I hissed to myself before spraying my face again.

Not only was I starting to imagine reckless things about my best friend, but I also had a huge erection out of nowhere.

That's when I heard a high-pitched, annoying voice. "Is little Riddle upset?" teased Moaning Myrtle, the usual ghost that haunted this bathroom.

 "Is little Riddle upset?" teased Moaning Myrtle, the usual ghost that haunted this bathroom

It was enough to make my dick fall back.

I grunted in response, exasperated by her presence. "Oh shut up for once..." I mumbled, splashing some water on my face again to try and mentally refresh myself.

She floated beside me, seemingly oblivious to my annoyance. "You're so mean!" she complained in a nasally voice.

"If you think I give a shit..." I replied curtly, preferring to avoid a conversation with the ghost.

Moaning Myrtle was notorious for her sarcastic comments and intrusive questions, and I really didn't want to deal with them at the time.

She giggled, continuing to levitate next to me. "Poor little Mattheo... Has a woman broken your heart at last?"

"Not yet..." I growled, determined to keep my emotions in check, at least in Myrtle's presence. The last thing I needed was to discuss my misguided love life with a ghost.

Myrtle gave a dramatic little sigh. "So much cynicism for a young man. But tell me, who is this girl who has made you lose your temper?"

I let out an exasperated sigh. "It's none of your business, Myrtle."

She chuckled. "Oh, don't be so secretive. I'm here to listen to confidences, you know."

"And me, I'm here to try and clear my head after that silly dance class," I replied, hoping she'd leave me alone.