Chapitre 6

Valentina

Sitting in the common room, my thoughts swirled with growing anxiety.

Three days had passed since the incident at the lake, and Mattheo had been surprisingly absent.

He hadn't come to class and hadn't replied to my messages. This situation made me nervous and uncertain, but I tried to keep up a calm front in the presence of Enzo, who was beside me on the sofa.

I felt torn between the frustration of not understanding why Mattheo was acting the way he was and the deep concern I felt for him.

I knew of his impulsive temperament and the fact that he could sometimes slip away without warning, but this time it tasted different.

The fact that he hadn't contacted me after what had happened at the lake was tormenting me.

While Theo was busy with Aura, Enzo and I had spent some time together talking, laughing and trying to take our minds off things. However, I couldn't help but keep glancing at my phone, hoping every moment to get a message from Mattheo, even if it was to scold me or ignore me.

"You know, Val, you shouldn't worry too much about him. You know what he's like, he'll turn up eventually," Enzo said comfortingly, seeming to sense my deep concern.

His words struck a chord with me. Enzo knew me well, probably better than I could have imagined. I looked up at him with a grateful smile, realising that he was right, even if it was difficult to accept.

"How about a little walk in Hogsmeade?" he then offered, offering a slight smile in an attempt to make me smile back.

I nodded, answering his smile. "That might be a good idea."

We got up from the sofa, leaving the Slytherin common room behind us, and left the castle for Hogsmeade.

The streets were bustling, typical of a Saturday when students took advantage of their free time to stroll and explore.

In Hogsmeade, we stopped in front of Gladrags, a shop specialising in fashionable clothes. The skirts of my school uniform were becoming too short, and the shirts and jumpers felt tighter and tighter. The physical changes I had undergone since the summer had become obvious when I had recently changed into my uniform.

Driven by the need to find more suitable clothes, I pushed open the door of the shop, with Enzo by my side. The interior was warm and well-lit, and the smell of leather and fabrics filled the air.

Mr Hill, the shop owner, greeted us with a friendly smile. "Welcome to Gladrags! How can I help you today?"

I explained the situation to him, how uncomfortable my school uniform had become, and he understood immediately. With touching kindness, he began to show us different clothes, making sure they suited us and our needs.

As we left the shop, bags in hand, I glanced at Enzo with a sincere smile. He answered my smile, his eyes reflecting our complicity and his sincere friendship.

We continued to stroll through the busy streets of Hogsmeade, absorbing the relaxed atmosphere and light-hearted discussions that united us. Our exchange was fluid, moving effortlessly from one subject to another.

We laughed about shared memories, recalled funny anecdotes and even touched on more serious subjects, such as my past mistakes with Ethan Dubois.

The atmosphere was light, until our footsteps led us towards a group of agitated students. Intrigued, I approached, followed by Enzo.

"We should go and have a look," said Enzo, his curious gaze seeking to understand the source of the commotion.

We mingled in the lively discussions of the group and I spotted one of Evergreen's friends holding a copy of the Daily Prophet.