Part 27

I frantically stand up and turn around, becoming face to face with the woman that once was behind me.

"N-natasha?" I ask, backing away slowly, fearing what may happen if I'm close.

"What happened to 'Tasha'?" She asks, smiling at me softly yet I don't trust it. It sounds horrible, I know.

But I deserve it, right? After what I have put her through, I deserve any consequence she has every right to give me.

I take a deep breath and step toward her, "I'm ready." I tell her as I squint my eyes closed.

"Ready for what, Milashka?" Natasha asks, I cannot see her face but by the tone of her voice, she seems puzzled.

"Kill me." I order her as I slowly open my eyes, revealing her stunned face as she just stands there entirely speechless.

"Y/N/N, come with me, Honey." Peter tells me as he slowly grabs hold of my arm, guiding me upstairs to my room, opening my door for me before sitting me down on my bed.

"Look at me." He orders me, a soft yet stern tone in his voice but I continue to stare blankly in front of me.

He places his index finger under my chin, lifting my head up to look into his eyes.

"Natasha would never hurt you, she understands that you had been put under mind control, she knows about everything. If anything, she's pissed off at all of us for letting you go on that mission alone, not you. I promise."

His reassuring words ease my mind a little but I honestly don't care anymore, if she wants to kill me, that's fine by me.

Peter places a soft kiss on my forehead, pulling me out of my dark thoughts.

"I want you, Y/N. I really do, I want this to at least be a decent first birthday with all of us.. Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks me as he holds both of my hands in his.

"Why? Peter there's so many other girls out there, normal girls at that. Why me?" I question him, tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

"Because those other girls aren't you, Y/N, I fell in love with you right at the beginning, the first moment I laid my eyes on you, I genuinely can't imagine my life without you, you're beautiful, you're talented, you're perfect, Y/N, you're perfect for me." He informs me causing my tears to fall but this time, It's a mix of emotions.

"Yes, Peter, I would love to." I answer before he pulls me into a tight hug, caressing my hair.

Natasha's POV:

"Natasha, we need to talk." My sister tells me as she pulls me into the kitchen, away from the rest of the team.

She informs me on everything that happened on the rooftop with Y/N this morning before I woke up, I feel awful. I know she didn't mean it, I know she would never hurt me. That bastard of a man made her do it.

I decide to make my way up to her room hoping she will speak to me, I need her to understand that I don't want to hurt her, ever.

I don't want to go back to the beginning, unable to trust me in fear of what I 'may' do. I don't think I could cope with that again, it broke my heart back then and I didn't even know her.

I knock on her door gently but I get no response so I let myself into her room in fear that she has done something.

My worries ease as I see her fast asleep in her bed laying next to Peter who is also asleep.

I scoop her up cautiously and take her with me to my room, laying her on my own bed, tucking her under the covers before climbing in next to her, pulling her close to me.

I instantly regret my decision as her eyes flutter open and she takes one look at my face before she shoots up out of my bed, her fight or flight kicking in and today, fight took over but I wrap my arms around her and hold her still.

"Don't fight me, Milashka, please." I beg.

Once she realises that I'm not fighting back, she stops but her body remains stiff.

"Why won't you just kill me, Natasha?" She asks me, not even looking in my direction and I feel my heart breaking at her words.

I cup her face in my hands, guiding her head to face me. "I would never, ever hurt you, ever. I understand everything you went through on that mission, the Y/N that hurt me, that wasn't MY Y/N, do you hear me? That was not you. I give you my full trust, even right now, okay? I've got you and I'm never leaving you again."

"I'm so so sorry, Natasha, really, I didn't mean it, I swear." She defends, her voice breaking a little as she speaks.

"I know, Milashka, I know. And I'm not angry with you or annoyed or holding any grudges against you, I don't want to hurt you and I most certainly do NOT want to kill you. I do, on the other hand, want to kill the rest of the team for letting you go there." I reassure her as I play with her hair.

Her body finally relaxes in my arms as she closes her eyes, which I don't mind because in this moment, she feels safe and that's all I want for her. To be safe, with me.

"I love you, Mom." She whispers, thinking I wouldn't hear it but I definitely did.

My heart flutters at what she had called me and honestly, I hope it sticks.