16

Georgia POV

"Georgia?"

I yawned, stretching lightly when I realized my head was not against my soft pillow.

A low chuckle rumbled while I pried my eyes open, trying to get my bearings.

Max was kneeling in front of me with a smirk on his face.

Where was I?

Rome...

I sat up slowly and offered a sheepish grin, realizing we had fallen asleep on the couch with Scout.  "Sorry, Max."

He shook his head and laughed, "No need to apologize, Gi. You did nothing wrong.  When did she get up?"

"2:30?  Archer had just gone down and I told Rome we could rest with her a bit then get her to bed but ..."

My voice trailed off and I saw a knowing look in his eyes.

"Well, I am going to take a sunrise run before it gets too humid.  It's not even 630 but when I saw Scout wasn't in bed I took a gander that she was down here."

Rome began to stir and yawned, meeting his Dad's eyes before he also realized we were still on the couch.  "Morning, Dad..."

"Morning, Son.  Sleep okay?"

"Surprisingly well.  This is a really comfy couch."  He yawned again then grinned before peeking down at Scout.

She began to wake up at the same time as Rome, green eyes fluttering open before she noticed her Dad. "Did you have a bad dream, baby girl?"  Max asked, concern laced in his voice.

Scout sniffled and nodded, then turned and gave her Daddy a bright grin.  I slipped back to my room while they talked then checked on Archer.

He was still sleeping soundly so I let out a relieved sigh. Teething made everything more difficult but getting good rest would hopefully help.

Max headed upstairs and insisted he did not need help getting coffee, saying the early morning run was best so he could clear his head.  "I can take a nap later on after Mariah leaves for work but it's hard to get a run in when she goes to bed early and all I want to do is just curl up with my wife."

I smiled, knowing the fear this pregnancy caused ran deep for both Mariah and Max. "I have them handled so I hope you have a good run.  You can get more sleep now, Scout, if you want."

She shook her head and yawned again then pointed at the stairs.

Apparently we're up now.

I changed clothes quickly, slipping into a black romper with my soft blue zip up hoodie.  Archer woke up thanks to his sister giggling at a game on my iPad while Rome ran to his apartment so he could get a quick shower.

Archer started to get fussy so we headed to the kitchen by 7.  Scout chose a Dutch Baby pancake for breakfast and helped me put it together in the blender while the baby gnawed on a teething biscuit.  Rome joined us by the time it was in the oven and helped slice strawberries which gave me the time to get bacon ready for the oven.

There was a quiet comfortability after our talk last night.

I had been terrified of ruining what this could be... of the potential it held. Everything had been intense but that's not a bad thing, especially now that I know we are on the same page.

Rome was still wearing his glasses along with basketball shorts and a faded football training shirt.  His eyes met mine with a hint of hesitation but I offered a warm smile, getting Scout's attention.  "Want your brother to help with the fruit, Duckling?"