❥ 37.

As beautiful as the ocean

Waiting, waiting, waiting.

He won't tell me where we going.

He only said he has a lot planned for today.

10 minutes pass by and I found ourself in front of a hall, the banner only says "racing", so I'm even more confused. I let it sink a little until I realized.

"Wait, is that-" I started, looking at it with big eyes.

"Are you ready for your first driving lesson ?" He asked.

"Omg Myles, I've wanted to drive karts for so long, how did you know ?" I said in surprise as I looked at the building.

"You mentioned it briefly last time when we spoke about your favorite things."

"That was three weeks ago Myles." I replied in shock.

"I know." he replies with a grin.

I can believe he remembered that.

"Soo." He started and took my hand in his, "Are you ready to lose ?"

"HA ! That was a good one. Are you ready to get beaten by me ? Better hide your ego from me Collane, otherwise it will hunt you for the rest of your life, when you lose." I said to him as I patted him on the shoulder and got out.

When we arrived in the hall we were taken to the karts and given the instructions. I have to say, sitting in here now, I'm a little nervous.

My mother always protected me from such things, because she was afraid that it would harm my heart and I always thought it was an exaggeration, but the truth is that now I am afraid that something could happen to me. I know the idea is completely stupid. What could happen while driving a kart ? But when you've lived your whole life in fear, the fear that every little thing could ruin you, I can't help but have that thought.

"Princess, are you okay ?" Myles says and put his hand around my shoulders.

"Yes, everything is fine, I'm just a little nervous, I've never done this before."

"Everything will be fine. I've done it a few times with Ethan and a few friends and Ethan was also afraid. God he didn't even want to get in the kart."

I burst out laughing. "Are you serious, Ethan ?"

"Yup, he held on to me so he didn't have to get in there, in the end he became first and laughed at everyone."

"Hahahaha I can't believe it."

"So flower you don't need to be afraid, I'm right with you. The important thing is that you put on your belt and everything will be fine."

He moved his hand next to my right arm and got the one strap. Then to my left arm and took the second strap. He looked between my legs and looked at me again, as if asking for permission. I nodded with a smile and he reached down to fasten the straps. When I was strapped in, he gave me a quick pull to make sure if the coo belt was really tight.

Myles walked to his own kart, buckled up, and we were taxied onto the runway. The lights flashed and went from red to green in milliseconds and we drove off.

Myles was already way ahead of me and I was still struggling a bit. But once I got the hang of, it I started to speed up and suddenly found myself next to him.

He laughed out loud and looked at the road again. Seconds later I was suddenly in front of him and I raised my arm up as a winner.

...