Oh No!

Third person pov

Five's know for his cockiness, he believes he's the best. At least that what everyone else thinks.

Behind five's daring demeanour is a scared and insecure boy. Who believes he will become nothing if he fails. Not being number one was enough motivation in itself.

That's what Reginald has always said.

Everything Five has ever done was faced with a lecture about how he could do better.

Although he never cared what the old goat said, he does however care what Y/n thinks.

She has been his number one rival since birth. The two constantly competing with one another. Pretending to hate each other but secretly congratulating the others successes.

Having her be impressed with his abilities has always been his biggest reliever.

Eventelly the want for her approval had driven him over the edge. It all got to his head and he ended up taking it too far.

After his attempt to time travel failed there was no one left to be impressed. Not a single soul to congratulate him or comfort him on his absence.

Now down on his knees, wondering if his cold temperament was worth it. If only he had the openness to allow her to talk him out of it, to show him that in fact he was enough. He had nothing more to prove.

Y/n pov

It's been seven years since he time travelled. There's been no hints of him returning, not yet anyways.

God five, why can't you just listen?

If it meant you'd come back, I'll admit that I was wrong. You are the best, I promise.

But here I am sitting on the front steps of the academy. Changing my position constantly because a flash of blue could come from anywhere. He promised he'd come back so I'll wait as long as I have too.

I just wonder what would have happened if I went with him.

I wish I had.