30

Camila

"Last night," I said

"I came home to find you drunk on the back lawn in the pouring rain" Taylor snorted shaking her head.

"Yeah, I was emotional yesterday" I mumbled.

"About Travis, we were actually on our way to set up a dinner for me and you. He was helping me out with a secluded spot so I wouldn't have to bring security- I wanted it to just be me and you" Taylor said

"For what" I asked her

"For this, I wanted to take you out last night and ask you over dinner -alone," she said

I'm the fucking idiot now

"I feel stupid" I mumbled

"Hey don't be, the media likes to twist things to make it seem how it's not," she said

I just nodded my head.

"And your mixed signals," I asked

"They weren't mixed Camila- I don't kiss my friends, or sit with them romanticly in hammocks " she laughed

I read into it all.

"I'm sorry" I mumbled

"Don't worry about it, we're here now" she said pulling me closer.

"Yeah we are," I said with a smile

She grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. I don't know if I can stop these butterflies from erupting in my stomach. I feel like they are going to consume me whole.  I leaned in closer to her. Our bodies were flush. Sitting on her lap gave me an advantage, I was a few inches taller.
  Her ocean-blue eyes stood out, they drew me in. A slight smirk made its way across her face and I held back from pressing forward.

"Can I kiss you" Taylor mumbles

Those damn butterflies.

Why wouldn't I say yes?

Nodding my head I leaned forward to meet her halfway. Pulling my hand out of her grasp I wound my fingers into her hair. Her gorgeous locks. Her lips were so soft on mine, moving in sync. The feeling in my stomach kept re-erupting. This is nothing like I've felt with someone before.

   I slightly leaned back and Taylor's hands immediately flew up to my waist and pulled me back. I shifted and brought my leg to the other side of her lap, so I was straddling her. She kept her hands on my waist and I could feel her thumb occasionally brush back and forth, sending chills.
   Pulling back I gasped in air and smiled.

"I could get used to this," Taylor said into my neck.

Heat erupted across my face and I knew I was blushing.

The lighting shifted as a cloud passed into the sun's view of us, I glanced over my shoulder to see more than just one cloud but a ton.

"It's the second half of last night's storm," Taylor said

"No way am I doing that again" I scoffed

"Let's not, you'd probably catch a cold," she said reaching up to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

Her hand lingered there on my cheek and I leaned into it, closing my eyes. I felt safe with her like nothing could hurt us. The peace that didn't make sense, until now.

"You ready to get that cast off today, especially since it was soaked last night" she asked pulling her hand away.

Back to reality.

That's today- shit

"Yeah, I keep scratching myself with it," I said

I leaned down and rested my head on her chest. It was like I was a child laying on someone. She brought her hands around my body and held me close.

  I know what these signs meant now, how silly was I to even think she sits like this with her friends?

I couldn't help but think why me? I thought about Alice- it may be best to go see her again, maybe make a routine. I needed a way to deal with all the sit I was out through- and Tay couldn't be the answer every time. No matter how badly I wanted her to be.

"We also have another meeting before the hearing next week" Taylor mumbled

We both weren't happy about this situation, he hadn't physically tried to contact us but his Twitter said otherwise. He's been posting hate about me mostly. I tried not to look at that stuff but once I'm in it's like a rabbit hole, I get sucked in.

  " great- get grilled before we get burnt, " I said sarcastically

"We did no wrong, people have free will to do as they please- here a little bitch because I called him out on his bullshit" Taylor snapped

"Hey hey," I said quickly leaning up

"It's the truth- it just makes me angry" she sighed

"I know, I'm sorry" I mumbled

"You don't need to apologize for Cam, your not the douchebag here" she laughed

"Never" I laughed along with her

•                 •                   •

"Okay, so this won't hurt you at all, the machine physically cannot cut you," the doctor said and put the blade up to her skin.

  I nodded my head as she turned on the machine and started cutting away at the cast, the razor cutting through and creating a cloud of dust.

Taylor sat across from me in the small guest chair they offered. She wanted to come with me to see them take it off. She said she'd never seen this before and was intrigued.

  I was glad I didn't have to go alone.

The doctor finished sawing at it and grabbed a pair of pliers to force it open. I felt the cool hair hit my skin and I knew I was ready for a full shower or bath- I couldn't care less at this point.

  She then grabbed a pair of sizzles and cut down the cotton path, I felt the metal sizzles occasionally hit my skin and they were so cold.

"Ready" she asked

Nodding my head she pulled the two pieces off and there was my arm, it felt smaller somehow, and there was dead skin on it. It also smelled.

"Gross" I cringed

"Do you wanna keep it?" the dr said gesturing to the cast.

"Oh no I'm good" I laughed

"Okay so just be careful with it for the next two weeks as it Is very fragile still. Don't do any weights or workouts involving it" she said

"Got it, thank you," I said sliding off the counter

I walked up to the sink and quickly washed my wrist in hot water and soap. I needed to get some of the stank off, and dead skin.

The doctor left the room and I heard Taylor stand up and wrap her arms around me from behind

"Wanna go get ice cream- since you did so good?" She asked

"Duh" I laughed