49

Camila

Breathe and relax, it'll be okay.

Just an hour until the car is in the driveway.

Taylor and I decided to take a vacation to Oregon. I know, I know, it was not the first choice I'd pick, but it was secluded, and it currently started snowing.

  The cabin was beautiful, with dark wood and fur lining the room. I came early because Taylor had to finish a few meetings, and the apartment was getting lonely. So she suggested to come up early and enjoy the peace before she got here.

   Peaceful is an understatement. It's so calm and relaxing. The cabin had a full-size tub as well as a hot tub outside. The cabin was with a system of other cabins, but they were so far apart you couldn't see the next one. The trees and bushes also hid what little you may have been able to see.

  I'm  Nervous. Well, nervousness is an understatement. I feel like I'm going to vomit. The only reason I agreed to come here before Taylor is to get everything ready. I'm going to propose to her. The thought happening makes my stomach twist in joy. We both deserve happiness, especially her. It blows my mind to think I found her amid chaos.

That very chaos that caused so many issues within my own life and extended into hers- and she still wanted me. Though it all.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm dreaming, and at any moment, I will wake up to it all being a fever dream.

I added a few final touches to the photo arch. I'm hoping it doesn't snow too much and ruin the surprise. Out the back porch, I have a single thread of string tied from one tree to another- it goes back and forth, and hanging on that string are photos of Taylor and me.

Further down the small dirt path is a vintage rug I had bought and placed fake candles and flowers around it

Please let her say yes. I don't know how I'd respond if she said no.

The ring in my pocket is burning a hole through my dress. Yes, my dress has pockets- best invention ever.

I quickly go back inside the warm cabin and pull down two wine glasses, and maybe it's too early to assume.

Shit, what am I thinking?

I can't do this m

I close my eyes and breathe- this is Taylor I'm talking about, not a stranger.

I hear the beep from the driveway- she's here. Already.

Fuck

I rush over toward the door and trip over my flats.

"Shit," I curse out and catch myself

The front door opens, and I quickly stand up to see the most gorgeous woman.

"Hey," I breathe and hide the blush creeping across my cheeks.

Her hair is pulled back into a low ponytail, and she's wearing a black dress that stops mid-thigh with a brown trench coat jacket. She's also wearing black knee boots with a red lip.