💄matchmake; bad ending💄

𝖌𝖊𝖓𝖗𝖊: fluff/angst𝖌𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗: gender neutral𝖙𝖎𝖙𝖑𝖊: matchmake𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖌: vil x gn!reader (+ rook)𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌: none𝖘𝖚𝖒𝖒𝖆𝖗𝖞: you are known as the matchmaker at heartslabyul

𝖌𝖊𝖓𝖗𝖊: fluff/angst
𝖌𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗: gender neutral
𝖙𝖎𝖙𝖑𝖊: matchmake
𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖌: vil x gn!reader (+ rook)
𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌: none
𝖘𝖚𝖒𝖒𝖆𝖗𝖞: you are known as the matchmaker at heartslabyul. a matchmaker who never failed at matchmaking until...
requested by: kolyaism

"Another matchmaking complete." You sighed with relief. You were given the name "Cupid" for a reason. You're known as the matchmaker at Heartslabyul, who matchmake students with their crush. You never failed your position as the matchmaker...

Or so you thought...

"E-excuse me, Cupid. I have a request for you." A student blushes while fiddling with his fingers.

This matchmaking was given an unexpected surprise that led to a huge failure for the first time.

"What do you have?" You asked the student. The student responded, "There's this person I like. They're pretty, smart, and have great talent and I was hoping if you could matchmake me with them."

"Ah, he's talking about Vil, is he? This will be fun." You thought before speaking out loud with a wink, "Say no more. I'll get you with this admirer."

The student thinks that you understand. Unfortunately, he didn't realize that you were gonna matchmake him with the wrong person.

During PE, you look around to look for a beautiful blonde around the field until you've landed on a beautiful blonde, who's doing a stretch.

"Hey, there's the beautiful Vil-sama." You greeted the blonde while offering a bottle of water.

"Ah, if it isn't the Cupid of Heartslabyul?" Vil smiles as he accepts the water bottle from your hand. "How may I assist you?"

"Let's talk somewhere private."

The two of you are seated at the back of the gymnastics where you two can have a private talk. Now it's your chance to ask, "Say, do you have a crush on someone?"

Vil fiddles with the tap of his water bottle, "Ah...? That's an odd question, but..." The beautiful blonde paused when he noticed how close you were, making his heart pounding in his chest. "I do have a crush on this person..."

"Really? What are they like?"

"...Uh...They're pretty, very intelligent, and...very talented." Vil finished. You realized that's the same description that the student was saying. The blonde continues, "I don't know if they will return my feelings. Sometimes they're just dense, not realizing how I feel about them."

"...!" Your brain finally made progress, the student doesn't have a crush on Vil, they had a crush on you. You screwed it up-

"I'm in love with you, [Y]...!" Vil confesses to you. "...W-will you accept my feelings for you?"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Vil..." Vil's heart dropped when he noticed the sad smile on your face. He knows the answer to that. It's the look of rejection. He was rejected by his crush.

"...I understand that you don't feel the same. You didn't come here to be matchmake with me, you're here to matchmake me with someone else, did you?" Vil frowned.

You shook your head, "I'm sorry, Vil. I've made a mistake. I thought the student meant you, but I realized that he was talking about me. Apologies for getting you involved..."

"..."

"We can still be friends, right...?" You asked. Vil clenches his fists before giving you a sad smile, "Of course...Good luck with your matchmaking..."

"Thank you." You smiled. The beautiful blonde watches as you leave, leaving him alone with his thoughts. Vil decided to open his water bottle, but his hands were trembling and his vision blurry with tears. He couldn't hold back his tears any longer. The poor blonde dropped to his knees and began sobbing.

"Oh, Vil." Rook frowned as he stared down at the broken Vil. Vil sniffles, "R-Rook..."

The hunter kneels down and pulls the beautiful blonde in a hug, allowing him to cry on his shoulder. "I'm so sorry, Roi du poison..." Rook apologized as the blonde continued sobbing.

『𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖉𝖘: 643