𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙤.

𝐍𝐄𝐋𝐒𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐍𝐄𝐋𝐒𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Avery, Asher, and I walked towards their Mother, Amy's vehicle. Of course, as the well- raised gentleman I am, I opened the car door for Avery, "Ladies first."

She returned the smile and mouthed, "Thank you."

We were both in the back of the car. Easily, I recognized her hum one of my favorite songs to exist, Snooze by Sza. Although it was music to my ears, her humming was unbelievably soothing.

She turned to look outside the window and that was when I saw my chance. Quickly, I snatched the right air-pod out of my ear and inserted into mine. I turned away and she looked over to me, laughing.

𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Watching each car pass by, I felt an arm sneakily wrap around my shoulder. I felt the frizzes of Nelson's curls, and instantly knew. More than a million butterflies flew around my stomach.

We both sang along and I'd seen Nelson flicker down to my lips more than a few, but who wouldn't?

༻✲༺

"Ave." I heard as Nelson gently rubbed his thumb against my upper arm. Fluttering my eyelids open, I slowly rose from his shoulder. "Where are we?"

"Your house, silly. You took a nap when it's only four in the afternoon" He replied. "I'm so tired." I rubbed my left eye.

"I know. Come on, let's get down."

Avery and I walked inside her house. "Ash, I'm gonna help her get to bed. Where- where's her room?"

"That one. Thanks man." Asher walked into his bedroom, not before pointing to the one, two times down from his and giving an assuring smile.

Avery sat on her bed as I slowly guided her to lean back. "Here. Let me help you with that." I took off her converse. "Thank you, Nels. Good night." Her eye lids got heavy and she instantly fell asleep. "You're welcome. Sweet dreams, Ave." I smiled, kissing her forehead good night.

༻✲༺

It was the next morning. Asher and I sat at the island counter, eating the breakfast Ms. Leanne had left for the three of us. I looked over my shoulder to see Avery, stepping out of the hallway. "Good morning." I smiled at her. "Good morning you two." She walked across the island.

"Morning." Asher had grabbed his finished plate and placed it inside the sink. He then walked into the long hallway that led to the stairs.

"How did you sleep last night?" I asked Avery and she looked over to me. "Horizontally."

We both shared a laugh and looked back to our plates, "I slept good. I was just really tired because I had to finish my essay the day prier.." She explained but I got distracted by her beautiful facial features.

Her plumped lips

Her Long eyelashes

And her pretty honey eyes that shined within the light that shot through the glass windows

I realized it all of a sudden got quiet and she looked over to me and laughed at the way I was staring at her: my knuckles tucked under my neck as my elbow was set on the counter.

"Were you even listening?"

I was fast to answer but not quicker than to snap back into reality.

"What? Oh yeah, of course I was."

"Mhm." She lightly smiled, putting a half- spoonful of grits in her mouth.

All of a sudden I like grits

"Can I waterfall?" I pointed to her coconut water and she nodded in agreement. "Guys!" I heard Asher shout and walk back into the kitchen. "What happened?" Avery spun in the island chair. "Nelson's parents got us tickets to see Meg 2, today." He replied. "Mm, I've been wanting to watch it!" Ecstatically, Avery said.

"Me too!" I returned the same energy.

Although I may have never watched the first film.. it's okay, I'll be alright. As long as she enjoys it.

"She said she'll send the info over in a bit. I'm gonna go shower now." Asher walked back into the hallway. "What are you wearing to the theater?" I asked Avery. "My black Nike hoodie and- oo, I'm washing all my hoodies right now.." Her eyes dropped down to the floor.

"It's okay. I'll get you one of mine." I insisted, getting up from my seat.

"Are you sure?" I heard her nervously ask. I turned around kissed her forehead. "Don't worry about it."

I returned downstairs with my green hoodie in my arms. I turned the corner of the hallway to see Avery fixing her hair in the tiny mirror beside the synthetic plant.

"Here you go." I smiled with the hoodie handed out.

Avery looked at me through the mirror and smiled, then grabbed the peice of clothing, "Thank you, Nels." She kissed my cheek and I instantly turned red, until our attention went to Asher who cleared his throat under the beveled door frame. "In my kitchen?"

"Bro, shut the fuck up." I chuckled, looking down with flush.

"Our kitchen, you mean." Avery playfully rolled her eyes.

༻✲༺

Two hours passed, and I slipped on my blue hoodie. "Nelson, you wake up Avery? I think she's napping in her room." Asher put on some deodorant. "Alright." I scrunched up my curls.

I walked into her bedroom, "Ave, wake up." I whispered, moving strands of hair out of her face.

She slowly sat up, rubbing her eyes.

How can someone look this pretty even when they just woke up from a nap?

"We're leaving in a bit." I told her. "I'll be downstairs in a bit." Avery lied back down, the blanket being over her head. "Okay." I laughed, leaving the room.

༻✲༺

Asher, Avery, and I walked into the screening room with popcorn and snacks. Avery sat in-between her older brother and I.

"Let me taste yours." She looked at my red Icee. I handed it to her and she took a sip.

"Mm."

"Let me taste yours." I got comfortable in my seat and took a sip. "Reds better." I argued, looking up from the straw. "No it's not." She chuckled and looked back to the big screen as I smiled and did the same.