𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙭.

𐬺𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𐬺𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Today is New Year's eve. Cassie had sent friends and family an invitation for a party at her house. My family and I stood on the Neumann's front porch. It swung open. It was Niles, "Avery!"

"Hi, Niles!" I hugged him.

I wore a champagne color silk, short dress.

"Nelson said he's upstairs waiting for you."

"Okay, I'm gonna say hi to everyone first." I said, walking towards the sliding glass door that led into the backyard. "Cassie!" I jogged to hug her. "Hi, Avery! You look beautiful."

"Thank you. So do you!" I smiled. "Where's Spencer and the rest of them?" 

"Spencer and Cam are somewhere in the crowd. The rest are upstairs." She replied. "Okay, see you, Cass!" I smiled.

After greeting Spencer and Cam and knocked on Nelson's bedroom door. He opened it, "Avery! You so, so beautiful." He admired my dress. "Thank you!" I smiled, kissing him. I walked past the door to see Lavar, Kendoll, Melo, Niles, Isaac, Eli, Frankie, Quincy, and the West brothers. "I thought I came on time?" I chuckled, hugging each and everyone one of them.

"Congratulations on the baby, Kendoll!" I said. "Thank you! congratulations on being a big sister!" 

"Thank you! But, how's the nursery going?" I asked. "Good! We're just waiting or the gender reveal then we'll get like the colors and stuff."

"That's good. Well if you guys need help with anything, I'm here. Nelson's here. We'll be there."  I informed, looking between Lavar and Kendoll. "Thank you, Avery." They both smiled. "Mhm. But Ave, I have a surprise for you." Nelson grabbed my attention.

"What is it?" I turned around, curiously.

"Open that door." Nelson pointed. "Nelson, I swear-" I twisted the door knob and there stood my brother, Asher.

"Asher!" I hugged him as everyone was in awe. "Long time no seen, huh?" He returned the hug.

"Does mom and dad know you're here?" 

"Mhm. I texted them as soon as I landed," Asher replied. "Wait so ever since I left, I heard you two became a thing?" He looked between Nelson and I. "He said I love you first!" I pointed to Nelson, playfully. Everyone laughed. "Nelson.." Asher lifted his eyebrows. "Bro, she said it first!" Nelson exclaimed and pointed back. "Lavar, get him." Asher ordered and Lavar started to fake punch Nelson.

                                      ༻✲༺

It was two minutes before twelve. Everyone surrounded the open bar as Noah stood on the countertop with a mic in his hand. "Hi, everyone! Umm, I'm Spencer and Cassie's oldest son. And I would just like to say thank you all for coming."

We all started to clap.

"And I would just like to say here's to the things that are yet to come and to the memories that we hold!" Noah put up his Dr pepper. Everyone cheered.

"Now as you guys may see, we have this huge countdown clock behind me. So once it's ten seconds before twelve, we will start the downtown." Noah hopped off the bar.

"Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, two, one. Happy new year!" Everyone shouted.

"Happy new years guys!" Noah shouted in the mic.

"Happy new years, Nels!" I went in for a kiss. "Happy news years, beautiful," He went in for another. "Another year. You and I. Forever." His forehead was against mine.