10

Chris was driving the car and he parked in front of the building where my father lives. "I think this is it?"

"Yeah," I say.

"Be careful!"

"I don't think she should be here," Bryan says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"You are in danger."

"But-"

"Caroline... He's right." Chris says.

"WHAT?"

"Where should she go?" Bryan asks.

"There's a secret hideout where she can get good security... They are ass-kickers."

"Exciting," I say sarcastically as Chris drives off.

"I'll grab your stuff tomorrow," Bryan says. "When your dad isn't there."

"This is all great." I look out the window and put my elbows on my knees.

"Caroline... I understand if you hate this. But you aren't in a good position right now." Chris says.

"Yeah..." Bryan says.

We get to this strange building, Chris turns the light off. He then parks a few minutes later. "I'll be right back... Let me talk to them." He says as he opens his door and enters the right run-down building.

"Caroline... Are you hurt?" Bryan asks me a few minutes later.

"No... I'm fine."

"Good!" He wraps his arms around me.

"Bryan?"

"Yeah?"

"..." I then gasped. "What was that?" It was gooey and on Bryan's leg.

"Just... Blood" he wraps his pants on it.

"From what?"

"They ended up cutting my leg..."

"Let me see!" I pushed the cloth and put a flashlight on his leg. "Oh my god..." It was the letter "C" carved in his leg.

"Just leave it."

"What-"

"It's fine-"

"No it's not!"

Chris opens the door. "Come on Caroline."

"So you Caroline?" One of the men asks.

"Yes." My head looked at the ground.

"My name is Wes."

"Wes?"

"We met the other day."

"Yeah-"

"I'm not the person to be fooled with. But since I'm friends with Chris... I wanna help you."

"Thanks..."

"Luke... Get her a room."