19

When we were in the safe room I started to panic but I didn't show it. "Caroline, you okay? Look a bit pale." Chris whispered.

"Mhm," I said but my legs felt jello... I started wobbling. 

"Caroline!" Chris said as I fell.

I woke up in a bed. I started to scream but a hand grabbed mine. "Caroline, we couldn't go much farther... I found a way out of the boat and brought you here." It was Chris's voice.
"We have multiple hiding spots," Wes said.

I sat up. "Wes?"

"This place is really safe. Because there's more of us."

"Wes... I don't understand of why-"

"Chris, can I talk to her?"

Chris hesitated as he grinned my hand more. He looked at me... Hey man, I was hooked up to crap. So I didn't know what to do. "Fine." He sounded pissed and left the room.
"What do you want?" I asked Wes.

"You," Wes said.

"What are you talking about?"

"Caroline, you may not know me too well. But I wish the best for you."

"As?"

"Get to know me as we're together?"

"Are you asking me out?"

"Yes."

"Wes I'm not interested in you. And your not interested in me..."

"I see..." He didn't deny that he wasn't interested really so...! "But you can't possibly be falling for Chris!"

"I-well..."

"I can get rid of him-"

I pull him by his collar. "If you do so, I will make sure you don't see daylight. I will never forgive you if you do it." I grit through my teeth. "Oh, and I would love some bloody revenge if you hurt him." I smile and he walks away slowly, I let go of him. "Get out."

I can see Chris was trying not to laugh and smile. He came into the room and hugged me.