13

The day has come to kick some ass. I hope the leader and I have a nice talk...

"Wes... I don't think she should do this." Chris says.

"A week of training wasn't wasted!" Wes replies.

"No, I mean-"

"Chris, why can't I fight?" I ask.

"Because your life is at risk."

"We'll all of ours is!" I shout. 

"But yours is more precious."

"How so?" I had a strange feeling in my pit stomach. But he stuttered. "Then I'm fighting if you can't tell me."

I heard banging on the downstairs floor. We had three floors covered. Six on the first, six on the second, and five up here because it's including Chris and me. We waited for them to get on the second floor... Then the third floor. Chris wrapped an arm in front of me and stood. The Kings stopped. "Hand us the girl!" The leader said. 

"No." Chris and Wes said at the same time.

"You guys!" I took Chris's hand away from me. "I don't need you to protect me."I look at Chris and then step a few to the Kings. "Why revenge? He's in prison, you framed him pretty damn good."

"How did you know-"

"I have my ways..." I smile. "Are we gonna do this or what?"

"I don't want you dead..." The King's leader starts. But he grabs means points a knife to my knock, putting me in a headlock. "Chris, join us." Chris looks shocked and scared at the same time.

"Don't," I say under my breath. "You are meant to be good... Make something of..." I gasp for air. "...yourself! Please."

"I don't want them to kill you," Chris says.

I close my eyes and elbow the king in his... Spot. Then I knew him in the face as he slouched over.

"Chris run!" I scream. We start running but one of the Kingsmen tripped me.

"Caroline!" Chris screamed.

"Join us." The man that tripped me said. 

Chris threw a knife to the heart. I scream because the man was hovering over me and he plopped on me. Chris helped me out of under the dead body. "Keep my hand." He held my hand and we started running.