14

Chris hopped in the car and I went in the passenger seat. "Buckle up." He said and as I did so he put the car in reverse. 

"Please not too fast," I say as he goes forward... Fast.

"What, don't do this in the country?" I shake my head. "I have to drive fast."

"Where's... Where's Bryan?"

"The hospital."

"What happened?"

"..."

"What?" I yelled.

"He had cuts on him... Deeper to the chest."

"Oh no. He needs protection... He needs me!" At that moment he gave a look that I couldn't quite get... I was confused but at the same time I wanted something to happen."pull over under the bridge." I say.

"Why?"

"Just do it!"

He pulls over under the bridge and I unbuckle my seat belt. "Where are you going?"

I go in through the tornado thins in the ground. "My father has shown me his hiding house."

"House under there?"

"No it's a tunnel to an apartment and then there's a ship always waiting... Just in case with a man who lives in it. Well, he's a friend o my fathers..."

"Let's do it..." He sounded un-easy like he was concerned over safety or something.

We will be staying in the apartment... It was a long way but I'm so glad dad left motorcycles down there. They were full of gas too!!!! I mean this was a while out of the city...

"That was a long time..." Chris says. "But I like the motorcycles! I don't feel good leaving my family back there although..." 

"I understand." I hand him a phone that was left on the counter.

"Lemme take a few minutes." He takes the phone and starts dialing. 

I head into one of the rooms... Father didn't have much in them but this is way nicer than his apartment and cleaner... A lot bigger... I don't understand how he afforded it. But this is newer modern looking... I like it! I remember my father told me about weapons... I'd have to find those.
I stayed in the room and I felt like crying... Although I couldn't understand why. But then I caught onto it... It was because Chris was here with me. I felt so safe with him and he seems o care for people... He saved me because he held my hand through all of that. But I wasn't sure... I am so lost... And confused.