23

I got out in the ring of the race with my horse, everyone was riding their horses that were participating in the race, they leaped over opticals and stuff, practicing for their horse's legs to stretch.

I saw Bryan and our other buddies. So I rode my horse over there. "Caroline!" Bryan said. "I know you think it was better for you to get away from things but..." I saw Chris walk down the bleachers. 

"Bryan... We talked about this."

"I know but he misses ya, been begging me for you..."

"Hey Caroline," Chris says.

"Hey..."

"I am not mad at you, I get that you wanted everything to be safe. But three months was torture..."

"I'm sorry." I lower my head.

"Good luck in your race, I'll be taking you after... I talked to your mother already."

"Really?"

"Yeah, she kept it a secret, thank god!"

"Okay..." I start to turn my horse.

"Happy birthday!" Chris shouted.

I smile and continue to my spot.

The guns rang, I started off with my horse, second place. I was so focused on the dirt and lines... Nothing could stop me.

But something did...

Another gun rang but it wasn't the right time to ring, I fell off the horse as everything turned black and I heard screaming and Chris running out of the bleachers with Bryan. "Caroline." One said but I couldn't make which one lips were moving.