11

I woke up to a train passing by, shaking the building that Chris brought me to. The door to the bedroom slams open and glass crashes to the floor. "I was gonna get ya some-" Wes cut off.

"Breakfast? Your nice." I stand up and wobble to keep balance.

"You should probably get back down... So you don't fall."

"Thanks..." I catch balance. "But I've got-" he catches me. "Thanks." I relieve my breath. But he gazes in my eyes... "Um..." I say.

"Sorry..." He leads me o the bed and makes sure I can lay down.

"It's fine... Just weirded me out." He pulls the covers over me.

"I have to go."

"See ya later."

"And I'll pick the rest of the glass up when the train leaves."

"Okay-"

"So don't go over there yet."

"Okay."

Later on that day we were at this crooked table. Everyone was around town besides Wes and a few others. "How many are there?"

"All we need is fifteen. Been trying to get Chris in here but the Kings want him a miss he doesn't wanna danger his family."

"Understand..."

"The rest of us are a family... We either ran away or our family was killed in front of us or killed."

"When I leave... I'm not gonna miss this city."

"I don't think you'll be leaving the time you want."

"Why?"

"Your father is taken away-"

"By what?"

"FBI or some shot like that."

"Why?"

"I don't know."

"What about my-"

"Your mom is looking for you and they say you will never be in your fathers hands again. He was caught with a whole bunch of drugs stashed in his home... That's why he's gone. Remember now."

"Drugs? He must have been framed!"

"Nah."

"Sure-"

"Caroline. Give up on him! He's a lost cause. And he's ruining your life. A pretty girl like you deserves better!"

"You think-?"

"I know you're pretty."

"Okay, are you flirting?"

"Probably shouldn't."

"So... You were?"

"Forget about it!"

"Fine."

Chris barges in. "Chris? What's up?"