Chapter 4

Hey guys and gals. The moment you all have been waiting for : Bilbo and Gandalf's first meeting. I know everyone was waiting for this. I was laughing as I wrote this mainly because Gandalf is literally a mood. I love him and not to mention Bilbo. That man is such a mess but its okay because we love him.  Now add the girls and you will literally be laughing for hours as I was. Anyway here you go. I hope you enjoy it. Now back to the book. That's why you're here.

_____________________________________

Third Pov

It's been 6 months since the girls have been in Middle Earth and life could not be better. Kate and Bilbo's relationship had gotten more like father-daughter. He was making up for lost time but he even officially adopted Lilith and Renée. As they were all his daughters and he was happy that Katherine had them by her side.

It was a very lovely morning. Kate was sitting on the grass in front of the house, sketching something because she was bored and it was her off day. Lilith was reading a book next to Bilbo who was smoking his pipe. Renée was inside getting the muffins she made earlier for everyone. She came outside and gave them the muffins.

She then sat down next to Kate and watched her sketch. Bilbo blew a smoke ring and we didn't seem to notice a stranger walking this way. The smoke ring transformed into a butterfly and crashed into Bilbo, making him scrunch his nose while shaking his head and opening his eyes.

There stood Gandalf The Grey, the very person that the girls were waiting for.

"Good morning,"

Bilbo said, a little startled.

"What do you mean? Do you mean to wish me a good morning or do you mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not? Or, perhaps you mean to say that you feel good on this particular morning, or are you simply stating that this is a morning to be good on?"

Gandalf asked, looking at Bilbo with a weird look.

"All at once, I suppose."

He looked at Bilbo with a disapproving look while Bilbo looked bewildered. The girls just looked at him with amusement. They knew what was going to happen. Bilbo was confused so he asked

"I'm sorry, can we help you?"

The girls all stood up and Gandalf looked at them with confusion.

"That remains to be seen. I'm looking for someone to share an adventure."

The girls gasped with excitement while Bilbo's pipe dropped from his mouth.

"An Adventure? That sounds amazing! I would love to go on an adventure, travel around and see more of Middle Earth. I think these two can agree with me. Right girls?"

Lilith said, eyes sparkling with excitement and the other two just nodded. Gadlaf smiled and chuckled at the girls' excitement.

"An adventure? Now I don't imagine anyone west of Bree would have much interest in adventures. Nasty, disturbing, uncomfortable things. Make you late for dinner!"

Bilbo got up and made his way to the mailbox, grabbing some letters and envelopes. He looked at Gandalf with a quick look before saying good morning once more and walking up the stairs.

Renée's Pov

"To think that I should have lived to be good-morninged by Belladonna Took's son as if I were selling buttons at the door."

Bilbo turned around and looked at him shocked.

"I beg your pardon".

"You've changed, and not entirely for the better, Bilbo Baggins."