Chapter 1 - Minori

New Chapter!

Just a little note, this chapter is fairly long so I do recommend reading it when you have some spare time on your hands. Again, if you could read to the end, it'll mean a lot to me. 🥰♥️

Enjoy your reading time !!!💘
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our home wasn't really what anyone else would call a home. Not only did it house my immediate family, but it housed several of the men and women who worked for us. Generally speaking, anyone of high status without a wife or family would live with us. Those who did lived wherever they pleased. We have prided ourselves in believing that everyone part of the family name were family, anyone who worked under us was to be respected. That was the true way of receiving loyal people and we excelled at it.

I watch out from the window as the car passes the city filled area and fade into the slightly remote area where we lived.

The front entrance that hadn't been used since we graduated high school, encompassed a gate made of thick hard wood with our family name decorated across. One could say it was obnoxious, but it was a statement. Of our name and of our legacy.

And a declaration of who we are.

The back entrance on the other hand was a deviation from the usual traditional architecture with complicated security systems in place. Now, many would think that would be stupid and useless that said security system wasn't placed at the front entrance but from the front entrance to the main estate was a good 3-minute drive and a 10minute walk. It wasn't difficult to spot intruders and not to mention the security personnel and systems from within the gate entrance.

The vehicle Ryo and I were in makes its way to the back entrance, passing through other buildings our men and women called home and trees that were now covered in thick snow. From inside the vehicle or in the home, viewing such scenery was a luxury. It felt magical. Mysterious. So pure.

Not very befitting of our profession.

We arrive directly in front of the back entrance door that has now become our own version of a front entrance. Once we step inside the place I have come to call home for the last eight years I have lived here, the maids who were cleaning the entrance area greeted us.

"Welcome back Minori ojou-sama, Ryosuke sama." Hana, one of the maids greet us. Many of the maid placed ojou-sama after my name and the men who worked for my brother simply called me Ojou. It was just one way identifying as a Yakuza princess, someone with a social standing. I didn't know if I liked it or not. But it was what I have grown up with and couldn't really be bothered to change.

"Thank you." I reply while Ryo nods his head in greeting.

Taking my shoes off and placing them so they faced the door, I step up and inside the house and go straight for Mom's washitsu where I knew she would probably be arranging her flowers. I slide the sliding door open slowly, careful not to damage the beautifully painted door.

"Okasan, I'm home" I sing out finding Okasan - my mother was indeed arranging her flowers. Ikebana has always been her favourite pastime, not to mention all the praises she receives from my father. They were lovesick fools to the say least but their love was just beautifully genuine. I wished for love like that, but I knew, that wouldn't be possible.

"Oh, my you're back already." My mother greets me back as I settle myself pressed against her. She eagerly wraps her arms around me, completely forgetting the task she was attending to seconds ago. This was one the best quality about her as a mother. She would stop doing anything she was doing if we ever needed attention, or more like when I need attention. Ryo never really needs attention.