Chapter 7 - Minori

New Chapter!!!

What do you guys think about the story so far? Let me know your thoughts!!!!👀😚

Warning: effects of traumatic pasts in the form of nightmares are explored within this chapter.  Please read what is most comfortable for you.

As always enjoy your reading time. 📚📖
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"How was the meeting?" I ask, not bothering to hide my curiosity. If anyone in the world could detect any change in emotion, a subtle change in your stance, mannerism, or facial features, it was my brother. There was quite literally no point hiding any emotion I was experiencing in the moment.

"It went well. Smooth even."

"What was it about?"

"Information exchange."

"And?" I probe because we both know there was more to it than that.

"That's it." He says. End. Of. Discussion.

I don't push further. It wasn't like I could get more information from him. If I was a brick wall, he was a concrete wall. His ability to hide all his cards and consequently vital information was nothing short of impressive when put nicely and disturbing when placed in the correct category.

At this point in time, I didn't have the capacity or the ability to push the buttons that enables access to the part of his brain that gave me an insight into what was actually going through his mind. I would probably never have that access. In fact, I wasn't sure if anyone would be able to but life as I have learnt had always installed surprises and an element of shock, so we'll have to see if someone will finally unlock a hidden part of my vault like brother.

"Where are you going tonight?" I ask as I change position from standing in front of his door to taking a seat on his bed. His room is what you would expect from a person like him. Plain and simple. He didn't decorate the place and held very little personal items.

"Hotel check."

"Hmm. Stay safe."

"Hotels are one of our safest and might I add legal establishment. You don't need to worry yourself about it."

"I'm just saying." I mutter out while trying not to roll my eyes. He absolutely hates it when I do it since he believes thats it is extremely direspectful. He may have a limited emotional collection and consequently feelings in general, but respect had never been one of them.

"Minori?"

"Hmm?" I reply back returning my attention from the floor to my brother who was glaring at me. This usually means he was anaylzing something. That I didn't particularly like.

"Is there something wrong? You're acting strange."

"I don't think so? Why?" I say genuinely confused.

"What about your nights recently? I haven't heard anything for a couple of nights."

Oh crap. Of course he would realise.

"I uh . . . took some sleeping pills." I admit before explaining. "But Okasan got them for me, she knows."

He releases a sigh of . . . frustration? Confusion? Understanding?

"I'll try to come back as soon as I can. Don't take them unless I don't come back by twelve. Okay?"

"Okay." I agree since no other response would be taken from him. Sleeping pills often disordered my way of thinking and usually made me drowsy and lose my appetite. These topics were often nonnegotiable for my brother, my health was his concern and therefore he has becomes very attuned to how I function. Since that day onwards, he's not only my overprotective older brother, but he was also my doctor, because I couldn't tolerate other people's touch, my hairdresser because I didn't like anyone touching my hair, my carer and my only confident.