Chapter 36 - Nikolai

New Chapter!!!

Problem risen??

Enjoy reading!!!👀🦻🏻
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minori:

I'm inside now ☺️

Nikolai:

Good, go get some rest

Minori:

I will 💕

Who knew she was an emoji user. I knew her hard exterior was a protective shell but I couldn't have predicted she'd use emoji's to convey her thoughts. But then again, these image thingos does help in delivering a lighter, cuter tone of expression through these cold devices.

Much to my dismay, I was disturbed from my conversation with my Printsessa, I mean Koroleva  by harsh knocking on my car window. I shouldn't have been surprised when I see who is on the other side. These windows were tinted and therefore he shouldn't be able to see me but he's glaring like he could. He needs to chill the fuck out.

Nonetheless, I roll the windows down.

"How can I be of service?"

"We need to talk. Preferably privately." He looks over towards the distance, most likely spotting Andrei in another car a little behind me.

"Whatever you say is going to get relayed back to him anyway. Might as well spill Sakurazuki."

"Minori has someone following her."

" . . . What?"

"One of the reason I let her go to you was to see who was going after her. Don't think you've realised it but a few of my men followed you and found three idiots going after her. And before you mumble things like they could be following you, read this." He hands me a piece of paper with letterings I was familiar with.

To the Sakurazuki's,

Long time no see.

We see that the beautiful crane of yours have grown into a woman.

Mark our words, we'll take her back.

Back where she belongs, for luck and fortune belongs to us

Watch as she crumble and as your fortune dissipates.

She'll be ours, and your empire we fall

Long live the MeX

"When did you receive this?" I question returning the paper.

"Last week."

"Are you going to tell her?" I ask and he gives back an irritated expression.

"Yes. Sooner or later she'll pick up on it and you should know by now she's stubborn and doesn't back down."

"What's your plan?"

"It'd be best to just lock her up but that won't end well for her sanity, so we'll just have to get rid of them one by one."

"Do you know why they're after her? They say it like they've done it before . . ." I trail off realising that it relates to her kidnapping event nine years ago.

"We got rid of those directly involved and left the rest for the government to clean up. Of course Taylor cleaned up the remaining mess but obviously we didn't clean thoroughly enough. And we believe there's traitor among us which makes this that much more infuriating but that's why I am telling you."

"Interesting, I thought I was the only one who had a traitor in my own organization. Seems like this is their favorite way to shake us up."

"Seems so." He agrees probably also putting into factor that Taylor's wife's uncle was the traitor from their side of the organization.

"What do you want me to do?"

"Like I said, I can't cage her. If she's not home, or with me, I need you to be by her side."

"You don't have to ask me twice."

"My father and I have to go check a few things tomorrow night and my mother is coming with us. I would drag her, but she'll most likely do something ridiculous." He shakes his head as though imagining said ridiculous scene. "So do you mind taking her tomorrow night?"

"I can have her forever." I suggest. One from their organization could even say it was a bold move. Or bold suggestion.

"Don't get ahead of yourself. Pick her up. 1pm. Here. No earlier and no later." And with that he turns around and returns back to the mansion.

Unlike his direct approach when getting matters laid out, he had a very roundabout way of saying that he has some sort of trust with me protecting his sister. But it wasn't like I had any idea as to how older brothers are meant to protect their sisters. Maybe this was normal, although I highly doubt that.

"What's got your head in the clouds?"

I turn to see Andrei now on the opposite side of the window. This guy moved just as quietly as the man who just left. They could both probably sit in silence for hours on end without feeling awkward. In fact, the two of them can be sitting in a room and chances are, I wouldn't even notice.

"The MeX has their eyes on Minori."

"Okay . . . But that can't be the reason you have a smug face right now." This fucker was messing with me now.

"Her brother requested I have her tomorrow."

"That makes a lot more sense."

"Do you have any more leads to MeX?" I question changing the subject of conversation.

"Nothing impressive. Just a few low lives that work for them. They're of lower class though."

How do they manage to be and remain so secretive?

"You know how I said there's a traitor among us?"

"Yeah?"

"We need to weed that out. Now."

"I'll look into it."

"Whoever they are, they're probably someone close to us. Check anyone and everyone that seems suspicious."

"Will do."

Those who fucks with me will die. Both those who fuck with Minori will wish in lifeand hell they could die in peace.