Chapter 27 - Nikolai

New Chapter!!!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!! 🎄🎁🎄

Wherever you are, I hope you are enjoying some time with family, friends and/or loved ones or perhaps even some quality time with yourself and that this time brings you a little bit of joy in your life. 💝💗💝

Enjoy reading!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I settle myself hidden away from prying eyes atop the main hall, arms resting against the wooden railing, overlooking all the guests. There was great sense of superiority you feel when everyone seems so small in front of you, like they were all easily controlled by you. And truth be told, many of them will work in the way I wish for. They've lost sense of self or never owned one in the first place and would only follow the leader that'll lead them to great profits, status and or power.

However brainless fools like them hold no value unless they belong in the bottom of the food chain, then sure they were useful. But maybe that was one of the main reason why she peaked my interest.

Sure she followed her father and brother diligently but that is shaped into her as loyalty. She had no qualms in confronting if needed be or expressing her disinterest or extreme dislike to certain things.

I continue to observe the view in front of me, searching for an odd movement or odd people. The guest number has lessened from the loss of the bombing four months ago but other than that, the list remained the same. But that didn't mean the people in here were all white.

Many did what they'd do at a ball, some dancing, sipping on their glass and chatting with others and a few smoking in a small corner. One catches my attention, looking around the place. Not in the most suspicious or obvious way. Just a few odd glances here and there.

Akio Hashimoto.

He was the first lieutenant of the Sakurazuki Yakuza Organization and had all the freedom he needed. Like the rest of the organization, he was loyal to a fault and was like a brother to the current Oyabun. Interestingly though, the Oyabun seems to be putting a distance with him after he had returned here from Japan.

Normally any person that catches my attention in ways that were unfavourable would seem to be a target of mine, but nothing suggests he would cause such thing. Besides the little princess' kidnapping ordeal that occurred by unfortunate circumstances, the organization couldn't care less about the MeX or the bombing, let alone be connected to them. I highly doubt that.

Not to mention that I couldn't imagine he would risk the lives of the people of the very organisation he belongs to. Particularly Ryosuke Sakurazuki and Minori Sakurazuki. It just wouldn't make sense.

And like my reasoning was justified, his facial features soften as he notices his daughter Kaya Hashimoto. The sunshine of the family and pretty much the whole organization, with her bright smiles and easy to get along attitude. But that girl owned the same darkness Minori had, perhaps even darker than Minori's. Wasn't quite sure how the world managed to convince themselves that she was the same sunshine character when her gazes were often empty and dead but that wasn't my problem.

Because my problem right now was the guy that protected that fake sunshine much like he protects his sister. He would protect those two women with his life, and I could use that as his weakness but unfortunately or fortunately out of the two, one woman in particular seemed to have become my own weakness too.

"If you're playing a game, I'm warning you, end it." He skips the introduction and the chummy greetings.

"Then you should know this is not a game."

"I fucking mean it." His eyes sharpens and his true colours for once seeps through. The ruthless man the dead knows about. Not many people realise how closed off and blood thirsty he could be because those people who see it lose their life soon after. You could say its an honour to see this side of him.

"Didn't know you could swear. I guess we're all just the same." I shrug, trying to rile him more. Probably not my smartest move.

"I don't know what she see's in you but if you hurt her, I have no problems ending you and your organization. I don't care about the peace our respective organizations hold. I don't care about the consequences. I will end you. You got that?"

"Worry not. If I hurt her, I'll let you finish me, gladly. But one question, are you giving me an approval?"

"Not an approval. A chance. Be fucking wise about this chance. You only get one." He emphasises on the word 'one' and then leaves like ninja. Interesting how he could make the stage his but also manage to blend against the shadows.

I'm about to return my attention back to the main hall to find the woman I actually wanted to spend some time with and with the approval, oh sorry, given a chance by her brother but I was unpleasantly greeted by none other than Yekaterina. That woman was the personification of a snake, and I had no intention of talking to her for more than 30 seconds.

"Long time no see Nik."

"What do you want?" I cut the chase. I'd do anything to get her away from me.

"You know we're perfect for each other. Why don't we share a glass and dance a little?"

"No. I have other urgent matters." And then ignore whatever she has to say to look for the woman who's voice I do want to hear.

I find her in a matters of seconds in a flattering midnight blue satin dress that hugged her soft curves and displayed her slender shoulders. But unlike her usual expression of being either neutral or bored, she seemed to be anxious. Her gaze looking down and her left glided up and down her right arm. A clear indication she was feeling uncomfortable.

"Can you just listen to me? I deserve some time from you. You have been shutting me out." The snake continues to spew some nonsense.

"Maybeyou need you need to understand why I'm doing that." I say before leavingwithout her and head towards Minori. She might be uncomfortable now, but Iwould do anything to make her feel more than comfortable. She deserves all thesafety in the world.