School Dance

I've been waiting for this night for a while. Singing at the middle school winter dance. The principal has seen me sing at the local bar so he asked if I could sing at any school event. I thought why not, have a little fun and maybe get some money or something out of it. I wore a blue silk long dress to match the decor and style of the night.

The theme was winter giving the season

The theme was winter giving the season. I made sure to stick to a good amount of appropriate dance music, even slow songs. It was nice to see Max dancing with her crush Lucas. I was singing one of my favorite songs 'weak by SWV' when I noticed Billy at the far end of the gym. He was near the front doors, watching me. I didn't stop singing but took note of him being there. I don't know what it is about him I can't stop looking away. All week I've been catching eyes with him during school. Walking down the halls or sitting half a room away. I still catch his eyes or the other way around. I can't help but notice him everywhere. What is it with him?
I didn't know much about it beforehand but I realized he thinks he's the shit at school and can get any girl he wants. I see him with different girls all the time, how degrading. I don't want this stupid crush that I have, I'm not about to get hurt by some asshole.

After being notified for a break from singing, I needed a cigarette. I grab my satchel and made my way outside. I forgot my jacket sadly, and it's pretty cold but the fresh air felt good. I'm not big on nerves but it's always nice to relax with a smoke. I lean on the cold brick wall behind me and pull a cigarette out of my purse. I shout out of anger realizing I left my lighter at home. I lothe myself in grunts and cross my arms.
"Need a light?" I hear a deep male voice so I open my eyes and turn my head to see Billy. His hand is reached out in front of me with his lighter lit. I whisper 'thank god' and lean my cigarette into the flame. I take a deep long lasting hit and sigh.
"Thanks." I interrupt the silence and he leans on the brick wall beside me. We're pretty close to each other, I don't think he meant to do that.
"No problem." He responds and I rub my arms after holding my cig in between my lips. I didn't think I'd get this cold.
"You need my jacket?" Billy asks me and I shake my hand at him. He seems a little smug, what am I getting myself into?
"No, no, I needed the fresh air anyways." I answer and end up chattering my teeth on accident. Now why did that have to happen? He rolls his eyes and throws his Jean jacket over my shoulders. I couldn't help me indulge it closer to my body. It was warm and smelt deep with Cologne and cigarettes. Reminded me of my best friend Eddie but Billy's scent was richer. Our faces were close and I couldn't help but scan his face, taking in his features. His curls were perfectly sprung around his face. His blue shirt made it look like he was dressing up for this occasion. I didn't even realize, if someone passed by it would seem as if we were together. His shirt matched my dress perfectly. I needed this close proximity to stop.

"Thank you

"Thank you." I let out before I realized I was whispering then continued, "I should get back." I quit my blushing, wipe the smirk off of my face and crush my cigarette under my heel. I shove his jacket into his chest and look back at him before walking back into the schools gym. Time to finish the night with more singing and a good nights sleep. I won't be thinking of Billy Hargrove and his devilish smirk. God dammit.

---------

Please vote & comment if you enjoy this! 💕

----------