third wheel

Margos POV

"God I feel like a third wheel." Max groans and I giggle. I really wanted to go to the mall since I haven't in weeks. I've been working a lot lately, pretty much dreading it as well. So, of course I had to drag Billy, I didn't mean to drag max as well. As soon as I went to their house max insisted that we take her with us. Billy does whatever I say, which sounds terrible but think of it in a sweet way so she came with us. I can definitely tell a difference in max and Billy's relationship from when I first knew max to now. They've definitely grown up, sure they are siblings but at least they don't hate each other. I like to think that I helped them with that. So yes, now we're in Billy's car, almost to the mall. Max saying 'third wheel' is too funny to me. I'm sorry my hand is on the love of my life's thigh and he frequently kisses me. I totally get what she means though, I mean he's her brother.
"Sorry max." I say and take my hand off of Billy's thigh. He pretty much pouts like a kid and gives me a pity look. These siblings will make me laugh all day I swear. Thank god we made it to the mall so I didn't have to argue with Billy. I really enjoy this mall. I mean it's huge and gorgeous. It's something new to Hawkins that everyone needed. We all walk up to the main entrance. Billys got his arm around my waist while I mirror his actions. Max is beside me rolling her eyes, I nudge her to mess with her. I can easily break her away from being annoyed. I know deep down that she loves our relationship. I changed Billy for the better, I didn't mean to do anything. I mean I didn't know all of his problems when I first kissed him but I'm glad I can be his. I'm happy we've both helped each other in many ways. I never thought I'd be with someone like Billy.
"Max!" We heard someone yell as we walked down the tile floors of the mall. We all stopped and turned right to see Lucas and Will. I've seen these boys many times at the arcade before and with max. They hand gesture for max to go with them. Billy rolls his eyes. I can tell he's getting tense.
"Go ahead have fun." I shew her away and wave the boys goodbye before we continue walking. I know Billy isn't too fond with the boys she hangs out with. I swear he's just being an overprotective brother.
"Let her have fun, she can protect herself." I say to Billy.
"I don't like that Lucas kid." He huffs and now I roll my eyes.
"Why not?" I ask him.
"Because he likes max." He states with his hands.
"Sure, and she's old enough to have a boyfriend. She's a smart girl, she won't let some guy hurt her. Don't worry." I nudge him and smile at him. He nods, still tense I see.
"Whatever maybe food will make you less tense." I say and drag him over to burger King. We order some food and eat our meals. He'll be fine.
"We definitely have to see Robin at scoops ahoy." I laugh and finish my food.
"Doesn't Steve work there?" He asks me and I groan.
"Yes he does." I answer him. I know Billy has beef with Steve, he always has and always will. I really don't even know Steve.
"Can we just ignore him and see Robin, please." I say, pleading. He crosses his arms and looks away. He's been in a mood lately. I've been way too happy recently for him to ruin my mood. I've been to confident and joyful lately, I gotta get it out. I decide to do something a little different.
"The night we met I knew I needed you so." I started to sing. Billy doesn't move his gaze to me just yet. I continue on. "And if I had the chance I'd never let you go. So won't you say you love me, I'll make you so proud of me." He finally looks at me. I smirk at him and pause. I step up onto my chair and raise my voice.
"We'll make them turn their heads, every place we go. So won't you please be my, be my baby. Be my little baby, my one and only baby. Say you'll be my darling." I sing and sway my hips to the song in my head. Many people watch me but I'm only looking at Billy. He finally stands up and goes to me. I continue singing -be my baby now, wa oh oh- before I fall into his arms. He sets me down and kisses me. People clap for me and I giggle. Billy's actually smiling, he's probably embarrassed too.
"It worked." I say while he holds me close to him and we gaze into each other's eyes.
"What?" He chuckles.
"Gotcha to smile." I say and hug him. He's still smiling, mission accomplished. I grab his hand and rush to scoops ahoy. I swear before Billy I was constantly pissy and moody. A part of my happy spirit thrived when Billy entered my life. Sometimes I think I might be too happy and I'm fine with that. We run in to see Robin giving a cone to some kid.
"Was that you I heard out there?" She questions me and I giggle.
"Sure was." I said as we approached the scoop station. I lean on the glass and look at the flavors.
"Amazing as always I might add." She says and I smile. "Don't worry I'll get you your favorite." She adds on. I move to sit in a booth, Billy close beside me.
"You love singing so much why don't you pursue it. I mean you're voice is beautiful." Billy says making me blush.
"I know but I love to do it for fun. To make people feel, I don't want to do it as a job and end up getting sick of it." I respond and he shakes his head.
"I doubt you'd get sick of it." He reflects and gets interrupted by Robin entering the booth. She slids me a good size banana split and I proudly dig in.
"On the house." She says to me and leans in the booth.
"Having a bad day?" I question her.
"Well while you two are on a date, having a good ole time at the mall, I'm suffering to make less than minimum wage. My hands are numb and I still have 3 hours to go." She whines and I try to hold back my smile from her enthusiasm.
"You wanted this job." I say in defense and she stares me down. I throw my hands up and apologize.
"That'll be 80¢." Robin says as she gets up and walks away.
"Hey not fair." I laugh and she throws her finger in my direction. She ends up breaking her mean look, shaking her head and laughing.
"Gimme some of that." Billy says and takes my ice cream. I jokingly gasp before he brings me into his embrace.