next few days

Margos POV

I woke up not sure where I was. There were bright lights before me, making my eyes squint. I looked around and saw white walls around me. I peered down to my arms noticing I was hooked up with fluids. I turn my head and see a machine tracking my heart rate. I'm in a hospital. Slowly, I remember everything that happened. It all came back so sudden. I was overwhelmed with images and sounds in my mind. It made my head hurt. I began hyperventilating. I wanted out of here. I need to get out of this place. I start to panic and take the needles out of my veins. It hurt but I needed to so I could leave. I tried to get up but my feet fumbled, making me fall. I caught my breathe and slowly got back up. Memories still invaded my brain. All I wanted to do was cry and run away. I kept seeing Billy getting struck by that monster. I try to walk out of my room but nurses came flooding in. I guess I was too in my own head to hear the on going alarm that was beeping in my room. They stopped me from leaving and put me back to my bed. I tried to fight but felt too weak and was easily defeated. They dosed me with something making me extremely tired. There was no point in fighting it because I immediately fell asleep.

-----
Later
------

I woke up again. I didn't need to remember what had happened not too long ago. I easily knew already. About Billy, my injury and me trying to escape. It didn't flood my head but it was still there. I finally looked away from the blinding ceiling and noticed a sad max beside me. I softly smiled, glad she's here.
"Margo, you're awake." She said. Her voice sounded tired and blue.
"Hi." My raspy voice speaks up. My vision goes back to when I say her face when she saw Billy was dying.
"Is he really gone?" I ask max. I knew he was but part of me didn't want to believe it. I'm glad I blacked out before I saw him die, maybe that's a good thing. Maybe I wish I was there in his last moment. She nodded her head yes and gazed back down at her shoes. I felt tears in my eyes. I was too tired to cry but I couldn't help it. I didn't want to cry, not now with max especially when I knew I would be for a while. I covered my mouth, trying not to sob. Max saw me and came over to my bed. She leaned over the bed and hugged me. I hugged her back and clenched the back of her shirt. I sounded like a mess because I am one. Hearing Max's crying only makes this all worse. This pain I feel in unbearable, I don't know how I'll ever get over it.

--------