Mondays

Billy's POV

I needed to isolate myself from Margo. I can't have her getting hurt because of me. Hell I can't even protect her like a boyfriend should. I'm a terrible boyfriend. I even let her go home, alone, at 1 in the morning. She probably walked too. I made myself to angry too many times. Weight lifting isn't enough to help get my pain out. I ended up crashing a party Saturday night and beating up some random duchebag. Apparently he was trying to hook up with some girls, he was a creep so he deserved it. Plus it made me feel amazing, but not for long. I tried to steer clear of my dad in any way possible.

------
Margos POV

It can't already be Monday morning. I groan out as I wake up for school. I even have to work afterward. I can barely exist as it is now I have to go to work and school, all today, on a Monday. I miss Billy. I went over to his house and knocked on his door yesterday but no luck. No one answered. Billy's car wasn't in the driveway but his dads was. Maybe it's a good thing no one answered me. I just miss Billy. I know he's hurting, and I want to speak with him. I just don't know what he's thinking or why he made me leave. We need to figure this out. Are we even still together? Yay, my morning is already full of depression. I throw on some simple clothes I saw and did my morning routine. As soon as I stepped down stairs I heard honking. I looked out the door to see Eddie's cheery smile peaking out of his vans window.
"Rise and shine sunshine time for school." He shouted, I couldn't help but smile. Wow seeing Eddie up this early is crazy. I was already running a bit late, I didn't even notice how slow I was going. Depression am I right. I grab my bag and rush to Eddie's van.
"This is a shock." I say as I close the passenger door and he just laughs at me.
"Drugs make everything better." He replies and I just nod at him. This crazy kid, can I have some? There's no way he'd let me now though, damn. We drove to school, late as always. I really missed this, just like old times. His music bassed through the whole van making me feel energetic, despite the tiredness. Obviously the thought of Billy and our unfortunate night stuck to the back of my brain, but being with Eddie felt good. Part of me feels guilty for being okay. It changes so quickly, I'm back to feeling bad.

----

I've looked around for Billy everywhere. He didn't show today. I hope he's okay and that his dad didn't hurt him. One time he didn't come to school for days because his dad beat him up so badly. Normally a black eye or cut wouldn't get people's attention since Billy is a fighter type of guy. I'm just worried for Billy. I have to see if max is here today, maybe she can help me.

----

After the last bell rang I immediately jumped out of my seat. I was on a mission to find max. As soon as I walked out of the school I saw max skateboard down the road alongside the middle school. I rushed onto my board as well and quickly made my way to her. I had to shout her name many times before she noticed me.
"Is Billy okay?" I urgently ask her.
"I'm not sure. I mean he seems off and more angrier but that's Billy. Did something happen?" She asks me now having a concerned look as she sees the worry on my face.
"He hasn't said anything to you?" I ignore her question and she shakes her head no. I look around to make sure no one is around so I can tell her the truth.
"Prom night I went to your house with Billy. His father was yelling for Billy so he made me hid in the closet. He didn't want your dad knowing I was there, but when he slapped Billy I gasped and he found me. So he took me out of the closet, slammed me against the wall and slapped me when I tried to speak up for myself. Then he kicked Billy down when he tried to stop his dad." I finish and maxs expression changed many times. From listening, to confused, to angry. I hate that she has to deal with this shit too.
"So billy made me leave. I wanted to help him but he told me to go. This was Friday night. I've even tried to come by. He won't let me in." I sadly add on, trying to not cry.
"I can't believe he did that. Neil has never hit me." She fired back and I nodded.
"Probably because of your mom but he called me a slut." I replied and shook my head at the memory. He's such a dick. I know why Billy can be a hardass but he is not his dad.
"I just care about Billy. I need him to know that. I love him." I sniffled and dropped my head down. Max didn't need to know too much. I didn't mean to let that spill out. I just got upset. She unexpectedly hugged me, almost making me fall over.
"I'm sorry." She muffled into my embrace and I let a few tears fall down. This was a nice moment. Being friends with an extremely young but smart girl.
"It's okay, I just don't know what to do." I replied and she looked up at me like she had an idea.
"Meet me at my house at 6 but be incognito, okay?" I felt confused but still nodded yes.
"I'll tell you the rest of the plan, I'll call you later." She said before she waved me goodbye and skateboarded off. I waved bye and felt better. I hope her plan is good. I need my billy back.