happy

Margos POV

"What all do you want to do for our senior year? We gotta make memories." I ask Billy. We're both enjoying the beautiful lake before us. Dipping our toes in the water, side by side. I lay my head on his shoulder and breathe in the fresh air. The sun radiates on my skin, it's hot but it feels great. I'm wearing my white tank top and short overalls. Billy's just wearing some swim shorts, he threw off his tank earlier, like usual.
"Anything we can. #1 fuck in the principals office.. " I stop him with a scoff.
"Yeah sure thing horndog." I joke and shove him.
"Oh you'd love it, be bad and dangerous." He jokes and pokes all around my body. I laugh and jump up, trying to get away from him tickling me.
"You're disgusting." I joke and ran off. He catches me and lifts me up slightly. I laugh out loud.
"How dare you say that to me. You're getting it now." Billy exaggerates and pushes me back. I latch onto his arm.
"There's no way your tossing me in there." I scream out in a playful way. He gives me a playful look and falls backwards, which makes us both splash into the lake. I gasp out for air as soon as I get to the top. I can't help but smile from the unexpected.
"How dare you." I mock him and swim closer to him. I wanted to mess with him or something but I couldn't. I just wrapped my arms around his neck and stared into his eyes. My smile never disappeared. He lifted me up just a bit by holding my hips. We both just stayed there for a moment, taking in each other.
"Why are you the best thing that's ever happened to me?" Billy asks. My smile drops only because I was surprised by his words. I was happy, so happy I could cry. Immediately I kiss him, trying to hold back my joyful tears. Unfortunately, a few escape from my eyes as I kiss Billy. I didn't think he'd notice because we're literally swimming in water but he did. He pulled away and wiped my face. His expression was concerned.
"Sorry I'm just happy." I say before he could ask me, smiling in between tears. He smiles at me, an apologetic way, letting me know it's okay.
"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, too. I love you." I accidentally whisper even though no ones around. We hold onto each other for dear life. This time I bring him in for a long lasting hug. Just holding him and being this close felt amazing. I started to sing 'baby I'm yours' by Cass Elliot.
"Baby, I'm yours.
And I'll be yours.
Until the stars fall from the sky.
Yours until the rivers all run dry.
In other words, until I die."
I stopped and looked into B's gorgeous eyes. I never thought I'd be this in love with someone or that I was capable to feel this way but I bet B feels that exact same way.

-------