argument 2

Billy's pov

I felt terrible knowing that Margo saw that kiss. I wasn't thinking at all. I knew Margo was by my side so as soon as I felt lips on mine I thought they were hers. Next thing I know I'm facing Victoria. That stupid bitch shouldn't have even been next to me. As soon as I realized it was her on me I pushed her off and looked for Margo. She saw the whole thing, I watched her run out of the house so I followed her. I don't want her thinking I actually kissed Victoria. She was sloppy last year any ways, I never actually liked her. I slept with her one time and realized she wasn't even worth the time. Margo was so sad and upset, I tried to tell her the truth but I could tell she was too in her head about it. I didn't want to let her go but it felt right. There was nothing else I could do or say in that moment. I came home pissed and worried about her. I hope she made it home okay, I would call but I know she wouldn't answer me. I still kept quiet, knowing my dad was home. I got in my room and sat on my bed for a minute, thinking about the night. A little knock was heard from my door so I told them to come in.
"Oh sorry I thought Margo would be here." Max whispered after she opened the door. Before she left I needed to speak with her.
"Hey." I said and nudged my head to my bed, gesturing her to sit down. She hesitates to sit next to me. We sit in silence before I collect my words.
"Do you know anything about margo's exes?" I quietly ask. I shouldn't be prying about her past but maybe that's why she's upset. Maybe someone hurt her.
"Yeah, she's only been with one guy before you." Max answered. I want her to go on, but I can't tell her why.
"Did it end bad?" I simply asked and I can tell the answer is yes by her expression.
"He cheated on her. You're not going to cheat on her right? You didn't, did you?" Max rambles on and I shake my head no.
"No no, of course not. I just was curious." I replied and she got up to leave.
"Please don't hurt her, she's the best. She didn't deserve that other asshole but she deserves you, even though you are an asshole." Max finishes before leaving and I smiled. She actually made me smile. My heart pricked, felt like she really cared. I'd never hurt Margo. I have never wanted to and will never. I don't know what I'd do if I lost her.

-----
Sunday
-----

The weekend is almost up. I have to see Margo. I don't want us to end because of some stupid girl and the trauma of her ex. I loathed myself for the last 2 days because of it. I feel like I can finally do something about it, even if it is 9 at night on a Sunday. I threw my jacket on and made my way to the door. I opened it, in surprise was faced with a crying Margo. I closed the door behind me and watched her. She looked so sad, I wanted to hold her so bad. But she also looked like she had something to say. It was raining outside and my denim jacket was soaked onto her skin. She must've walked here. Her finger tips held the hem of the shelves. She couldn't look me in the eyes as she spoke. I fastly held her body close to mine and caressed her hair. Her arms wrapped around me and held me tightly.
"I'd never cheat on you. I'd never hurt you." I said over and over again until she kissed me.
"I know you wouldn't, I just got scared." She replied as she held my face with both of her hands.
"I'm here for you, always." I responded and she nodded. She was still upset, and I wanted to take care of her.
"Let's get out of the rain." I said and helped her into my car. We'll spend the night together, I'll make her feel better.
"I'm sorry." She sobbed after I got into the car as well. She held her head in her hands and cried.
"Baby, I'm really sorry. I've never liked Victoria. I hope you know that." I spoke up, rubbing her shoulder.
"It's not that." She muffleld out before raising her head back up.
"It just.. Brought back memories. And I just was worried when we first got together. I know it's not your fault, it just brought up more than I thought it would." I wiped her tears with my thumbs when she finished. I didnt know what to say so I felt like my actions would make up for that. I kissed her face, all over and held it too. I took care of her the rest of the night. I even sleepover because I wanted to be beside her.