Chapter 77: New duties [Adumfor Arc II]

Vlad met with UltraX & Amelia at the capital to discuss about the new duties since Elaina is out of commission for a week. They sat in a demon bar and were in a more empty part of the bar.

However, they had a pleasent surprise or atleast X once he checked his admin access console to see Elaina has fully recovered, but he decided to play it cool.

Amelia: So, how are we gonna do this? Considering how Isabella underestimated humans and had to call 2 more just for a half-breed...

Vlad: But, aren't we like the weaker specie out of the 4 main ones that have evolved?

Amelia sighs.

Amelia: Not really, time and time again, half-breeds grew weaker over the time of the first half-breed and now the half-breeds are just weaker then Humans or demons considering how Elijah just pumbled Elaina to near death.

UltraX: On top of that, it proofs that humans can catch up easily to demons and the hybirds known as half demon and half human. This is only the second time this has happen, if people outside of Adumfor find out, well... 

Ultra looks at Vlad.

UltraX: Elijah will be executed like John Vandella, John in 1899 was the first human to ever surpass a half-breed and a demon within only 4 weeks of training to master his manifestation. However, the one king back then in Adumfor shouldn't be allowed, cause the empires would figure out the secret to eliminate the strongest demons. So that king ordered an execution of that man, he was caught during the war between the French & Adumfor.

Vlad: But his name is not french...

UltraX: Exactly, he was send there to exile by the United States as one of the remaining slavery supporters from the American civil war, after his capture, he was executed shortly after by that king, however... His death started the search for the strongest human, one that can fair against demons, half-breeds and soon even the devils. Nowdays, even an average human can beat an average demon. So that search is still going on till today, the spirit, will and motivations of John were carried ever since.

The story about John Vandella was interesting, however in Adumfor he was painted as a nazi invader from the 1940s and called a scum who failed to even kill the weakest demon... Turns out that is a lie, but Vlad refused to believe that and that this guy was someone else that X claims as well. 

UltraX: But that is the truth and we on this planet often cannot accept it, United States themself argue with Adumfor to remove this propaganda since 1949.

Amelia: Yeah, it's a shame a royal dictaorship censored the actual story completely.

Sometimes, propaganda is the best weapon to win people over.

UltraX: But let me ask you this, would you let the Garou incident at New York repeat here with another powerful foe?

Vlad: No, never!

UltraX: Well then, you have to take your duties seriously or else you would face the consequences of avoiding them in the future. Amelia, go over the plan for the week.

Amelia: Well the first 2 days, we will be at our original post, then we go to the other town on the other end of the island and for the last 2 days we will be here at Adumfor. Now, we better go, heard the alert that some douchbags are running 9s with drugs in a secret room at the hotel of the town.